Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2 Now Out For Switch And PC

Staff member
Video game maker SNK hasn’t been a hardware publisher in a long time, but back in the 90s they used to dabble. The Neo-Geo Pocket and the Neo-Geo Pocket Color were technically more advanced than the Game Boy they were created to run against — the Pocket Color was the first handheld device to be sold in the US that used a stick for directional controls. and was 16-bit while the Game Boy Color was still 8-bit. Though the Pocket Color was a more capable machine than something like, say, Tiger’s Game.com, it never achieved an audience beyond the SNK fanboy niche.
But if you’re one of the millions who skipped the device, or you simply weren’t born yet, you’ve been granted a second chance. SNK has been releasing the Neo Geo Pocket Color library on modern systems through compilation packages. The latest of these, Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2, comes out today and contains more than just SNK.
For the first time the company has reached out to another third party to include their own...

Continue reading...

Unfortunately, SNK's only current-gen games are KOF and Samurai Shodown, so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll utilize the money they make from this selection to bring Ips back from the dead. All those mobile gamers out there, Metal Slug is now available on your devices only.

I want a new Capcom vs. SNK game but a fighting game and not a Card Game.