Kamen Rider Samurai
I hope this is in the right section of the forums if not I'm sorry. But I am trying to come up with an idea for a Kamen Rider Driver and I need help. The Kamen Rider is "Kamen Rider Samurai". Obviously he carries around a samurai sword but I can't figure out what the driver belt should be and what the motif should be for the belt. I am open to all possibilities for both the belt and its motif. I have already thought up originally that the belt would have a samurai sword guard that flips out to the right side and the wielder of the sword slams the sword through the hole in the guard and disconnects the guard from the driver while saying "Henshin". But I don't know if I wan't to use that idea so I am in need of everyone's help here to figure this conundrum out. Here's what I need.

Driscription of Driver: (This can be either written out in detail in as much detail as you can type or drawn if you want to take the time to do that but its not absolutely a must. If its written out make sure you describe what the belt looks like and what the design of the motif is.)

Ok so I hope someone can help me out with this cause this has been nagging me for a long while. Also if the driver has a voice put that in the description as well.

Welcome
A gimmick like the Memories, Medals, Switches, and Rings would make the Driver a little easier to design.

Kamen Rider Samurai
Well thats the kind of thing I need help with though. I had thought about using a hand guard connecting to the sword as the gimmick but it doesnt seem to work out to well.

No Fear, No Pain.
You could go with a Sengoku period theme and have each of the major clan's seals used in some way to acheive different abilities or forms. For instance the Takeda seal could be used to make him a better rider since the Takeda had a kick ass calvalry. I'll be thinking about this and if I find a way to make it work I'll let you know. DOn't forget you could always skip the driver and go the Hibiki route with things. They may have been the only ones to do it...but hey it worked well enough.

Could always have him carrying around Tsuba from different sword of famous figures from Japanese history that he keep on a Tsuba ring, like I assume certain swordsmen did to show how many foes they defeated. The driver could somehow charge these tsuba to create various swords with various abilities and even form changes depending on how powerfult he sword is. Even the Kaijin could be connected to this as the guardians of the various swords or Tsuba that Samurai has to defeat in order to gain new sword, and thus greater power for some other reason. Be it to defeat a certain rival or to insure other foes don't get their hands on the Tsuba. The Kaijin could actually be good guys, but they have to fight to test others to see who is worthy of the Swords. One or more villans capture the Tsuba by defeating the guardians and make Sword Fiends from the power. That could give you a number of factions and Kaijin styles....did i just hijack your character and end up making my own plot?

Kamen Rider Samurai
0.o' I think you did but it was very well thought out I might add. I have a couple form changes in mind. Obviously the first and main form is "Samurai Sword Form for close-range combat. Then there is "Samurai Archer Form" for long-range combat. Then "Samurai Spear Form" for mid-range combat. Thats all the forms I am able to think up right now, then for the Hyper form there is "Shogun Samurai Form" in which KR-Samurai wields two Samurai Swords. I guess I could try a Den-O approach to it and have like little objects slide in front of the driver like they do on Den-O even though I don't really care to much for that show...bleh lol. What do you think Ziggy?

No Fear, No Pain.
Eh...I always try to make things as unique an complex as I can. While weapon forms are nice just make sure to add somthing to each that makes them unique. Not that I really need to tell you that at this point...bit I did. You'll understand if I come up with my own Samurai concept now right? I won't call him Samurai and I'll make sure not to step on your character or ideas. This just inspired me a bit. Thanks for that.

Well research Samurai culture and see if anything pops out that catches your attention. SOme of my best character sprang to life while I was reading a wikipedia page. Also don't limit yourself to much on just Samurai stuff and feel free to mix and match little things with it until somthing works right for you.

Let me think...Modern henshin devices are just random in shape and appearence with an item of some sort being the source of trigger for the transformation. You could find your item first then build a device around it, so to speak.

Kamen Rider Samurai
I like that idea...about find an item and building the driver around it I mean. As for you coming up with your own Kamen Rider Samurai concept go right on ahead maybe he could even be a secondary rider to Kamen Rider Samurai. But I will look into wikipedia and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the help so far Ziggy.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, this whole thing seems rather resolved, but...

An alteration on the Grip/ Tsuba idea would be to just insert the Tsubas like belt buckles onto the driver to henshin. Then employ some sort of slider/ puncher thing that slides it to differant areas on the belt & generating/ powering up weapons.

Well I got a list for ya to make...

1. Kamen Rider Mar - Like the double driver except its upside down.
2. Kamen Rider NeOOO - A combination of OOO's power & Birth's technology.

3. Kamen Rider Constellar - The power of all the zodiarts & the horoscopes. He activates the switch to summon the belt and places it on the right side of the belt (like how Fourze inserts the elek switch on the rod, fire switch on the gun and cosmic switch on the sword as there comes a sound). Then clicks on the left side of the belt to activate the transformation like Agito's. Of course there can be a horoscope switch (Ophiuchus), he can activate his final form choushinsei!

Kamen Rider Samurai
Well I got a list for ya to make...

1. Kamen Rider Mar - Like the double driver except its upside down.
2. Kamen Rider NeOOO - A combination of OOO's power & Birth's technology.

3. Kamen Rider Constellar - The power of all the zodiarts & the horoscopes. He activates the switch to summon the belt and places it on the right side of the belt (like how Fourze inserts the elek switch on the rod, fire switch on the gun and cosmic switch on the sword as there comes a sound). Then clicks on the left side of the belt to activate the transformation like Agito's. Of course there can be a horoscope switch (Ophiuchus), he can activate his final form choushinsei!

Im not lookin to make a new Kamen Rider I already have a name for him. I just need to figure out what the Driver design looks like.