National Treasure Catherine Zeta-Jones Joins National Treasure TV Series

Staff member
At one point, there were rumors ’round Disney of a National Treasure 3, but these seem to have been abandoned in favor of a Disney+ TV series. Given the high budgets of these things, we wouldn’t think Nic Cage is ENTIRELY out of the question, but he is not actually attached.
Instead, the as-yet-unnamed National Treasure series revolves around a new character, a college-age woman named Jess Morales who is described as “a brilliant and resourceful DREAMer.” There are certain loops I’m not in and I don’t know why DREAM is capitalized in that sentence, but it seems to be drawing a lot of ire from right-wingers in the comment sections below these reports, so it must mean something good.
There may be no Cage, but Disney still managed to land a star: they announced today Catherine Zeta-Jones would be part of the series as well. And wait’ll you read her character...

Continue reading...

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
LOL. I have to laugh. The thing that amazes me about National Treasure is how cheesy this movie was AND THEN … they made a sequel!! What is even more incredible is that they turned it into a series and attracted a talent like Catherine-Zeta Jones. WHAT???!!! Disney+ works miracles!