Dull Brilliance
After this week's episode, I have confirmed the rules for anime-only characters in the Shinobi War. If you're nameless, you're dead.

If you're named but you're just a grunt; Ruka, Ran, Nurui & Kayui. You'll live so that established characters can have their heroic moment in saving your life.

BUT if you're named and you're a captain; Monga & Yurui. Oh you better believe you're gonna die in order to establish just how dangerous the Edo Tensei Ninja of the Week is.

Just saw the next episode preview for the filler arc. Looks like the Chikara arc takes place just after Tsunade woke up from her coma and just before the second Kage Summit. The anime is going to give us the Naruto vs. Orochi-Kabuto battle that the manga never did.

n/s
We've been waiting for months ... the climax! Naruto, use your windcutting no jutsu.

Lurker
I don't know, I can shake the feeling that they're only role is going to be show how strong the bad guys are... :redface2:

n/s
You can hate those two all you want for standing at nothing but there's a reason behind that.