NAME THE WORST SUPER SENTAI SERIES YOU'VE EVER WATCHED

Lurker
Go-onger, without a doubt. I got 24 episodes in and then said **** it and haven't watched any more since.

I'm kind of torn between three that I've taken to calling the "Unholy Trillogy":

AbaRanger: Terrible characters, mind-bendingly terrible "comedy", one of the worst "bad-ass" characters, in the form of Abarekiller, they keep shoving down your throat over and over and over and over and OVER again. It's basically a show where everything the creators could have done wrong, they did do wrong.

MagiRanger: An "All Hail The Mighty Red" show to the point where all the focus episodes on the other Rangers tended to be about them trying to figure out how to help Kai be even more awesome. Tone-shift that was pretty damn painful to put with as the show bounced from the super-scowly-grimdark Infelsia to the hyper-wacky-waiwai MagiRanger. Oh and hey, another annoying "bad-ass" character we're supposed to think is awesome by virtue of how often he's thrown in our faces in the form of Wolzard.

The only thing close to a saving grave here is the mecha were really damned cool looking.

GekiRanger: More "All Hail The Mighty Red", though at least this time everyone else on the team who isn't Jan is just written as bland as oatmeal instead of being made utterly subservient. One of the single most annoying Red Rangers of all time (and this is coming from someone who actually LIKES Ban from DekaRanger). This time instead of ONE annoying "bad-ass" that keeps getting shoved down our throats, we have TWO with BOTH Rio and Mele.

Oh and the fly. The goddamned Poochie-like, in your face, wacky fly guy.

I thought Maskman was really boring even when i watched it as a kid. Then i grew up, gave it a 2nd chance, and guess what, i found out it was worse than i could remember. There are just too many flaws to list.

Regarding the 2000's series, although Abaranger is awful, i must say Go-onger was the only one where i had some serious trouble to watch the whole thing, felt like i was punishing myself or something. There WERE some good moments definitely, but very few and between. Overall it's really bad in pretty much every department other than the soundtrack.

Oh, and Goseiger had a dreadful start, but things are slowly getting better since episode 10.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll take your word for it, but I have only see the first 10 episodes of Flashman and the first 7 of Changeman. However, I can definitely say as great as they were, I'm not completely impressed. Episodes 6 and 7 of Flashman were terrible while Changeman was very dry. On the other hand, it is my hope that one day I can get all of Changeman on DVD so I can watch the whole thing in hopes that it is as good as they say unlike Bioman, which was average at best.

I haven't seen Bioman in a while, and the 4 episodes I saw were dubbed...but I'm not sure I would call it "average" even then. Most of my problems with it had to do with the dub ruining my suspension of disbelief.

No it doesn't. To Aba and Geki, yes, but compared to the others, no.

I'm never going to get the Geki worship. It was okay.

Hurricanger - interesting set of villians, cool ranger concepts, but there was way too much filler, and the episodes were boring. The Gouraijers started out cool, but became just as weak as the 3 ninjas. The best thing the series has going for it is Shurikinger and his past Sentai actor disguises.

DekaRanger - absolutely no plot, no central villian, bad mech designs, and one of the worst endings in Sentai history.

Boukenger - had a unique concept, but again, no central villian, and BoukenSilver really brought the show down. The ending was obvious, but at least they did not defeat the final boss with the ultimate mech form.

Go-Onger - Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I can't say anything nice about this series at all other than I liked the theme music of the villians.

Shinkenger - Good concept that was waste with mindless banter. There was nothing samurai about it and the villians again, did nothing. Doukoku just sat in the background drinking sake while whining about his loses instead of actually just going out there and kicking ass. Daiyou spent half of her time just playing her guitar thingy, and then you had those pointless furry looking things. The rangers were predicatable and blue overacted, while the mechs were dreadful.

I'll give you Hurricanger because I haven't seen that. But you forgot Timeranger, which is WAY better.

Also, WTF?! Dekaranger had bad MECHA designs? Since when? Deka-Bouken had some of the best mecha designs this decade. And its not supposed to have a plot. That's the idea; its a bunch of self-contained arcs, not one continuous story.

Boukenger was awesome, no matter how frequently Shougo tries to convince me otherwise. :p BoukenRed is one of my favorite Reds of all time, the multiple villain idea was unique and fit the concept, and the fact that they were pros that went head to head with the main villains of each group was enjoyable.

Shinkenger....okay, so people keep saying Doukoku didn't do anything...but what main series villain DOES until the end? What kind of complaint is that? At least Doukoku has a reason too. And if he DID take the stage...what? He pops up and owns the team then leaves? Things I Hate In Sentai: When the villain CLEARLY could've killed the team and moved on, but leaves them alive for no discernible reason. I'm also not sure how there was "nothing samurai about the series".

MagiRanger: An "All Hail The Mighty Red" show to the point where all the focus episodes on the other Rangers tended to be about them trying to figure out how to help Kai be even more awesome. Tone-shift that was pretty damn painful to put with as the show bounced from the super-scowly-grimdark Infelsia to the hyper-wacky-waiwai MagiRanger. Oh and hey, another annoying "bad-ass" character we're supposed to think is awesome by virtue of how often he's thrown in our faces in the form of Wolzard.

...You think, maybe, they did that on purpose? "Holy crap our villains are REALLY dark this year...we should probably do light heroes so kids don't get nightmares."

Gingaman is garbage.

...Why?

In Justice, We Trust!
Also, WTF?! Dekaranger had bad MECHA designs? Since when? Deka-Bouken had some of the best mecha designs this decade. And its not supposed to have a plot. That's the idea; its a bunch of self-contained arcs, not one continuous story.

The self-contained plot lines was what made Dekaranger interesting for me, to this date, it's the only Sentai I've been able to sit through from start to finish.

The new Tendou Souji
...You think, maybe, they did that on purpose? "Holy crap our villains are REALLY dark this year...we should probably do light heroes so kids don't get nightmares."

Don't see how they were "dark"; I mean, Meemy looked like a stinkin' traffic light (running joke between my sis and I) and the Nai/Mea duo were just trying to hard to be funny little moé-people.

Then that raises the question of, "If you're really that concerned for the mental welfare of the children, why bother?" It doesn't add anything to the story and, in fact, the tone-shifts make it a disjointed mess.

You can have comedy moments in a serious show. You can have serious moments in a comedy show. You CAN NOT bounce back and forth between the two like MagiRanger does without breaking something. Like I said in another thread, I could never believe the two groups were really in conflict with each other, as there was no tonal coherence between them.