I've been rewatching Mystic Force, when I saw the first couple of episodes last year I thought MF was going to be a terrible series but rewatching MF I have realized it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. In fact I think it's the most underrated season of Bruce's tenure on PR. Yes I know it copied Magiranger and a lot of the focus was on Nick but MF had a solid plot and good characters. What are your thoughts on MF?

Lurker
MF deserves it's reptuation, it's just an inchoherant mess. Like most Kalish seasons, it starts off well, with great characters, then slowly dips into Magiranger translations and focusing too much on Nick to the extent most of those characters became little resembling their independent developments. The finale goes from great to bad thanks to different writers.

The only thing I like about Kalish is that he makes "useless" characters "useful" and not just comedy relief.

I hope that this trend continues with Norg and Bae's "Counterpart" next season.

Saban did it with Alpha, Bulk and Skull, but I felt other characters could've shined during that time also.

Last edited:
Is not impressed right now...
At first, it was pretty decent, nothing too great save for a few episodes like "Petrified Xander," "The Gatekeeper," and "Whispering Voices." But after that, the show started to get weak up until "Dark Wish" to "Heir Apparent," which was the peak of the series. Every episode after that, though, ranged from mediocre to just plain awful.

Episodes like "The Light" are a perfect example. Madison starts to complain about her lack of focus (go figure), then it turns into YET ANOTHER Nick episode, only to have, seemingly out of nowhere, Madison give some random speech about not giving up. The hell?

So, I guess Mystic Force isn't really "bad" or "good" so much as it's just... bleh.

Not as good as SPD but better than Operation Overdrive.
I honestly don't care for the series.
Cast wasn't doing it for me but I did like Xander a lot.

I'll go with Bleh like Mr.Underaciever said, same with OO, but on MF, I wasn't that bad that I kept watching. Plus those rushed stroy development at the last minute got old ans stupid.

It's Judgement Time!
It wasnt as good as SPD, that's for sure. But, I think it does deserve some praise. Most of the season was good and the back story they crafted for Nick was amazing. And you have to admit, Koragg was one of the best villains we've ever had. A villain you just loved and had honor. He was a very well crafted character. The villains were very memorable, as well. Sure they were sentai clones but so was Rita and her gang. So can we hate on them that much?

It's only problem was that it didn't focus enough on the other rangers. The cast of rangers were not bad at all. I loved them all. Especially Vida, she was one smokin Pink ranger.

Mystic Force had an absolutely terrible season finale though. It was one of the worst. But as a whole, Mystic Force was pretty good. It had some nice music tracks, great action pieces, and a killer story in the first half. It started to go down hill with the 10 terrors came on the scene.

I think the bottom line is, I can still watch a rerun of MF and enjoy it. I can barely tolerate a brand new episode of PROO.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Mystic Force sucked. The Ten Terrors were joke and pathetic.

Xander and Madison are only who I liked. Nick sucked.

"Stranger Within" I & II, "The Gatekeeper" I & II, "Dark Wish" II and "Mystic Fate" I. All 6 episodes that I liked.

Last edited:
if u compare it to magiranger u will see how much it sux.. theres no luv like blue and gold :p and its just not tat good comparing to magiranger