I recently wrote an article on my memories of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. In said article, I posited that there were two factors in the franchise's endurance:
1. Unwavering optimism in people.
2. The multicultural cast.

Both factors have been present since MMPR's inception. In pretty much every incarnation, the rangers (though they have their faults) are presented as basically good people who will do the right thing no matter the consequences. They are true heroes, through and through.

It also never mattered who you were or where you came from. As long as you were a good person, the power was on your side and you could triumph over the forces of evil. The forces of good were always inclusive, probably more so than the United Colors of Beneton (I haven't seen any space aliens in those ads, have you?)

So that's my theory. If you guys agree or disagree, let me know.

I recently wrote an article on my memories of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. In said article, I posited that there were two factors in the franchise's endurance:
1. Unwavering optimism in people.
2. The multicultural cast.

Both factors have been present since MMPR's inception. In pretty much every incarnation, the rangers (though they have their faults) are presented as basically good people who will do the right thing no matter the consequences. They are true heroes, through and through.

It also never mattered who you were or where you came from. As long as you were a good person, the power was on your side and you could triumph over the forces of evil. The forces of good were always inclusive, probably more so than the United Colors of Beneton (I haven't seen any space aliens in those ads, have you?)

So that's my theory. If you guys agree or disagree, let me know.

I agree with you because I watched the original series, and what drew me to it was that fact that it was realistic. We are not a homogenous nation like Japan ethnically .

The things that pissed me off so far are that there has never been a black Pink Ranger , an East Asian red ranger, Asian green/black rangers and a lack of Indian/SE Asian rangers. Having a white guy lead all the time bored me after a while, and the avoiding of having the racial makeup of the original series has only lead to avoiding it when it was never a real issue.

I loved Trini and Zack if not Billy as I could relate to them.

---

I would also say its the changing of themes each years that makes it desirable , but on the hand risky. You might want to do another season of them if the season is great [like Ninja Storm going to Dino Thunder] , but then if it gets really big , you go into problems , which actually should have been compensated to the original cast to be frank.

For it to get back , we need the series to break away and use a singular season as a basis for a three season series because we have not seen anything like that since after In Space.

Each season being a new show also helps a lot. It's also part of the reason Transformers has consistently been around so long since Beast Wars. Hasbro actually mentioned once that Power Rangers' long term success via yearly reboot was what inspired them to do the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron) as three separate shows, instead of one long series.

Hasbro actually mentioned once that Power Rangers' long term success via yearly reboot was what inspired them to do the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron) as three separate shows, instead of one long series.

That's nice if they did, but wasn't that up to the Japanese though? I thought they created Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, while productions like G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Animated, and Prime were completely American (or Canadian in the case of Beast Wars and Beast Machines).

That's nice if they did, but wasn't that up to the Japanese though? I thought they created Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, while productions like G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Animated, and Prime were completely American (or Canadian in the case of Beast Wars and Beast Machines).

While they were done in Japan, they were co-productions as Hasbro designed them, starting with RID. Remember the incident of unfinished animation in Armada?:laugh:

I never noticed it though.

Wished they changed the robots every season.....:redface2:

Each season being a new show also helps a lot. It's also part of the reason Transformers has consistently been around so long since Beast Wars. Hasbro actually mentioned once that Power Rangers' long term success via yearly reboot was what inspired them to do the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron) as three separate shows, instead of one long series.

I didn't know this until now.

No I don't remember. It has been a while since I watched my DVDs. What episode is it on?

It was for the American broadcast because the animation was rushed to our shores due to the schedule and even the scripts suffered. Not sure if in subsequent broadcasts and on DVD releases the final animation was used....

Found out that the first 26 were unfinished animation, but I never noticed it though, I just heard about it.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Armada_(anime)