Inspired by Rod Hilton Star wars Episode Machete Order and every fan's order of watching every star wars movies I thought of a “different” episode order which we can see the whole star wars saga just the way it is and it should be something like this:

• IV (new hope)
  • I (phantom menace)
  • II (attack of the clones)
  • V(the empire strikes back)
  • III (revenge of the sith)
  • VI(return of the jedi)

The reason "Episode IV" is first in line is because the film was made in 1977 and was the one that started it all and is considered the ‘true’ beginning of the star wars saga.

The reason why episode I is second in line is because this is considered a prequel and explains how Anakin became a padawan and how obi wan decided to train him though (rob the one who made the machete order) didn’t like it

The reason why episode II is third in line is because it shows Anakin’s anger that almost led him to the Dark Side , The beginning of the clone wars and how the death star plans are in the hands of count dooku.

The reason why Episode V also known as the empire strikes back is fourth in line is because it shows the big twist that Darth Vader is Luke’s father and how Yoda says that there is “another” skywalker which is leia.

The reason why Episode III is the fifth in line is because it shows how the big twist from Episode V came to be like how Anakin becomes Darth Vader, how the empire is born and who is the ‘Another’ Skywalker yoda mentioned in the empire strikes back.

And finally the reason why the Episode VI or Return of the Jedi is the last in the line is because it’s the finale of the epic saga at least until the sequel trilogy happens, beginning with the force awakens which we are now seeing.

What do you think? And if this doesn’t help how about this:

My second alternate machete order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI which has the prequel trilogy “sandwiched” between Episode IV and V and VI

Or

My third alternate machete order: IV,I,V,II,III,VI which has episode I after Episode IV while Episode II and III happens after Episode V.

Last edited:
I thought that your order of Star Wars movies is interesting. :coolshades: