My main plan is to getting 1,000 Blu-Ray movies..(Am I obsessed? lol)

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Why am I better off with a DVD? :hmm:

Well..before end of the year, I may have 100 blu-ray movies already. I'm working on to picking as many as five blu-ray movies. But you're telling me that blu-rays are just upscale jobs? I have to disagree respectfully.

So..I may have got 1,000 blu-rays by in 2013.

Look at Forever Knight! He got soo many! He abandon DVD as well!
Oh, no. I'm not disagreeing and saying that all Blu-rays are upscales. I'm only speaking for certain series and such. Blu-rays are awesome and for movies and most series it is what you'd want for the highest quality.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about. FUNimation releases a lot of anime on Blu-ray now. A lot of those are crappy upscale jobs where the DVDs actually appear better quality, IMO, than the Blu-rays. A couple come to mind: Claymore, FLCL, Samurai Champloo just to name a few. A few of their upscales are really good. For example, Eden of the East looked great and it was just an upscale.

Bro, he just explained it. Sometimes the blu-ray releases of some tv shows are just upscaled from the DVD, therefore it's not native 1080p and sometimes this can result in the DVD version looking a bit better, albeit darker.

Banned
Then, your eyes must be broken. That's all what I can say.

This, I want to ask, am I really obsessed with Blu-Ray? This is exactly why I love Blu-Ray soo much. This is my main goal to getting 1,000 blu-ray movies. The reason why DVD is very ugly, because it's darker and you can see how horrible they are.

It's like you're missing out the awesome experience. That's why I've stopped buying DVD as of this year.

and before bluray came out you were probably saying the same thing about how DVD was SO OMG SO BETTTEREST THAN VHSESSS right?

Just 'Neg' will suffice.
I've got around 14. I stopped buying them a while back, after the novelty wore off. DVDs are perfectly serviceable and usually really cheap. My visual requirements aren't THAT stringent.

I much prefer watching everything on my laptop, as opposed to my PS3, anyway.

oh my god, justin biber!

bieber (woo swag) (oh my god)
justin (x100000000) swag
yeah based god omg!

I mean, ummm, King, i don't clarify stuff after all your posts so calm down. SK, I agree with you in the fact that DVD is uglier, even if Blu-Ray is just upscaled, it does make it look better for a good portion of movies, that's why I always choose 720p when I can, but then you have those movies that were meant to be watched in the old quality. But if you can afford those blu-rays without going into some financial recession or debt, then by all means, go for it. Honestly, it's not any different than some member on here saying "i want to buy X many Toku items".

I think older movies would look as great as they did on DVD if they put the effort in erasing the wires or other oddities revealed from the up-scaling. The Godzilla HD remasters are prime examples of what the HD format can provide for older films. Not sure how Star Trek or Star Wars would fare against it , especially when the last time I saw Star Wars in HD it looked like a fake live show , not the film I came to love just like how it made Toy Story look horrible. I think the companies are doing HD in the wrong way because it should have different settings of encoding for different types of shows to allow prime pleasure.

As long as you can afford it and you like it , do it by all means. But considering everything will be digital, why not just buy the digital versions on iTunes (The HD ones) or rip your existing films to your drive. The only advantage to discs is that they do not degrade in quality unless you tomahawk them or use them as throwing stars. Other than that, digital is the true way to go for consumption in my opinion and will become one in the next two decades as services like iTunes and Netflix corner and kick the overpriced coasters where the stars do not shine. Seriously, I bet those discs aren't even THAT much in money compared to how they are sold much like CDs weren't.

I'm not re-buying any of my collection and as consumers I think we have the right to copy it to a drive much like you can copy a music CD. It still baffles me why the MPAA and RIAA are fighting DVD/Blu-Ray disc ripping when they just allow CDs to be ripped by iTunes nonetheless. By going by their logic , they themselves are then promoting piracy of music artists and should thus throw themselves into jail if they allow all these media players rip music and not movies. Hopefully they will realize how stupid they are and just allow iTunes and others put that into their products. It's such a ***** putting extra software (handbrake) on my computer when iTunes should be able to rip music and movies without any legal problems.

It's just isn't feasible to buy those many when some of them are bad upscales.