By the Power of Gaia!!!
Quoted from my buddy, Freedom R8G6B1 from JM...

This ain't Pokemon/Digimon Folks...

It's a Femal Anime version of Ryuki.

Winning Formula...

Take:

3/4 Kamen Rider Ryuki...w/o the Cards Please
1/2 S-CRY-ED
1/2 OF EVERY MAGIC GIRL ANIME POSSIBLE (RECOMMEND USING SAILOR MOON)
1/8 of Digimon and Pokemon

...add a s*** load of Fan Service with a big smidge of Ecchi, Yuri, and Hentai...add scraps of ninjas, cyborgs, nuns, Gun Play, Sword Play, Iron Chef, School Animes, etc...

You get this series...

MaiHiME.jpg

Also refered to as "HiMELander" among fans of the series. Keith, I know you've seen Ryuki, so you should love this. :D

Only draw back I see is a lack of any male leads, which.. I know make sense in a show called HiME, but I like to follow a character I can see myself as.

I'll definately give it a shot, once I clear up some space on my comp. Thanks for the heads up!

After FreedomBlack constantly bugging me to jion...I finally had the time to...

So...Mai-HiME..btw...it's full title is...

"Shojo Gaaku Romance-Mai-HiME" ("Cute Girl Academy Action Romance Mai-HiME")...originally it was thought that the title was "Dancing Princess."

This is anime is created by Sunrise. And probably voted one of the sleeper hits for this year because when the promo debuted in September, everyone assumed this anime was all fan service considering the fact that Mai-HiME is a hentai manga. Others assumed it was a Magic Girl Anime, others a romantic comedy. I have to admit I believed; but after watching episode #1 which was introduced by my college's anime club...this was my response...

"Why do I get the feeling this is a Cute Female Anime Version of Kamen Rider Ryuki???"

...which eventually is that...but further into the series...I see some S-CRY-ED...some Rayearth...and it's even poiint to some EVA (...DON'T ASK!!!). But my main reason is that one of the characters, well two characters, parallel the personalities of Shiro Kanzaki and Ren Akiyama from Ryuki.

Another reason I love this anime so much is that compose Yuki Kajiura (of Noir fame) comes up with another hit series of tracks from the most dramatic to the most comedic to the most gothic action musical sequences I've heard.

HiME (Highly Advanced Materializing Equipment) are "special" girls who can see the "Akai no Hoshi" in the sky and bear the mark of it. With that, they are able to create weapons, which are called Elements, from pure energy and summon monsters, called Childs, to fight creatures called Orphans. However, there is a price to being a HiME...

"IF YOUR CHILD DIES...SO DOES YOU'RE LOVED ONE..."

In Ryuki Terms...if Dragredder died, the ORE Journal Staff would die...if Dark Wing died, Eri would die...if Gold Pheonix died, Yui would die...etc. etc. etc.

...but don't get me wrong...there are some comedy moments in the series...actually one of the HiME seems to a hardcore tokusatsu and anime fan...so far she did the Sailor Moon pose and the Kamen Rider Ichigo pose. Not to mention, she wanted to start her own Anti-Orphan Attack Squad...dubbed by the the Mai-HiME fandom..."MIGHTY MORPHIN HIMES"...though I prefer..."HIGHLY ADVANCED MATERIALIZING SENTAI HIMERANGER." And if anyone refused...she did something that Shinji Kido should've considered trying...beat them up and tie them to a post.

Considering this is Sunrise...my best bet that Cartoon Network will eventually get this series;. More often than not get licensed by Bandai and voiced by the team from Ocean Group and placed in Toonami. Hey, I mean CN did get Naruto, and that's who I see doing that anime's VO. So...I did some promos for it, I wonder when Toonami Arsenal is doing another contest:

Here's my three 30 Second Promos:

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05U1JN11OTYU1SBOOH5D6LJ7O

and my two Long Promos:

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MRYVNYFDSI1820DMB7YN5PFM0

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=281E4CEU9JURO0D1P2YZ7EHQHN

PS: Funny tidbit...if you look hard enough in one of the episodes...Athrun Zala from Gundam SEED makes a cameo as a student...LMAO...THANK YOU HAJIME YATATE.

Last edited: