My Best friend’s Exorcism : Your BFF needs to be freed from demonic possesion

My Best Friend’s exorcism is a hit novel from 2016 that proves 1980s nostalgia sells. Grady Hendrix writes this novel and a compilation of Horror stories with nostalgic vintage settings. The 1980s became a popular setting for modern fiction because its vintage was yet familiar. It has modern technology but no problem solver like smartphones and the internet. Additionally, fashion increases the sentimental factor.
This movie is like The Exorcist meets the Heathers with a sprinkle of Evil Dead. The current trend in film and television is 80s nostalgia. That is evident from the popularity of Wonder Woman 1984, Snowfall, Paper Girls, and Stranger Things. So it is no surprise that a movie would be made based on this best seller...

Continue reading...

This is so exciting! I have long been a fan of Grady Hendrix and his works, and I have been pleading with folks to read this book. One of the best books I've ever read, in all honesty. Both "Final Girl support group" and "Badassstraunauts," two of his other novels, are excellent.

Stupid Manthing
The 1980s were undoubtedly the ideal decade to tell a story because there were no cell phones, which made plots realistic, and there was no internet to assist with problem-solving.

British Columbia Made
I'm seeing flashes of "Jennifer's Body" while watching this film. The title is obviously a pun for " My best friend's wedding"

Wanna feel old? The actress who played Abby was the child voice actress of Agnes in despicable me.
maxresdefault.jpg

While the actress who plays Gretchen played Nova in War of the planet of the apes.
maxresdefault.jpg

They grew up so fast.

Complete Global saturation
I have this feeling that these girls are more than friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how you realted exorcism with Stranger Things. Stranger Things are possible explain with science, in fact humans started it with One and experiment with him. Exorcism is not explained yet.

@freddiecharlesbetting, I The movie was not compared to Stranger Things, The writer just said that 1980s themed movies and shows like Papergirls and Stranger Things means there is a market for 80s Nostalgia.

Bringing you the best of theater
I love the 80s and I love horror? Are they only friends or is there a chance for a bit of lesbian romance? I am just asking for a friend because I never read the book.

Because there were no cell phones in the 1980s, stories could be told in a more realistic manner. Thanks for including the entire movie in this trailer, which appears to be Jennifer's body.