I liked him when he wasn't a god
I agree with Kuuga and W. 555 had a few moments for me as well - particularly Kusaka's death, and Kaidou being turned into an Orphenoch

Lurker
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Shin Kamen Rider. But yes, I agree with everyone about Kuuga. Oh and ZO isn't that far behind when you think about him Rider Punching through a monster's chest.

Altair
The two Orphenoch deaths in Lost Paradise seemed oddly brutal to me, especially when added with Kiba Yuji's meltdown scene a little bit later. These two scenes always stood out to me as fantastic.

Banned
Seeing as Kugga basically set off a Nuke in the middle of Tokyo, killing upwards of 200,000 people and pissing off about 50 nations......yeah.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Yup. Godai had to live with the fact that in his quest to save people, he also hurt many others.

I always found Kino to be kinda scary. Losing his arm and brother to frostbite, and having his brother's arm surgically attached to his. He also has insane trips from time to time. As heroic and badass as performing surgery in the middle of the street on Shoichi was, that was also kinda creepy.

All of the Akatsuki-Gou survivors were creepy. After Shoichi was thrown off the boat, the El of Water approached them, and told them that they had bathed in the light of the OverLord. As a result, their lives have been forever changed and they have no future. That was scary.

>.
Imperer's death scene in Ryuki. It was really horrific to me since he knew he was done for and was screaming his head off and was so helpless.

Accel getting kicked on fire by Utopia is the only thing that really comes to mind outside of that show.

I agree with Kuuga and W. 555 had a few moments for me as well - particularly Kusaka's death, and Kaidou being turned into an Orphenoch

^ Those.
Shinji's death
in ryuki. Just for the amount of blood invovled.

And though it wasn't violent. The
Reset
ending of the ryuki tv special was horrifingly cruel.

Also shin kamen rider. Specifically Shin murdering the hell out of that one guy :p (I forgot his name sue me)

^ Those.
Shinji's death
in ryuki. Just for the amount of blood invovled.

That shocked me just because I didn't expect it. I mean, it sounds silly when we were told
that everyone was going to die
but at that point I was relatively new to Kamen Rider (Ryuki was the third series I watched) and wasn't familiar with Kamen Rider's policy of
everyone, including the hero, can die and it doesn't even have to be the last episode, suckers.

Heroes are forever
I know that Amazon is a blatantly obvious example (as is Shin). But how do you expect me not to mention a guy who stabs a monster in the eye and later decapitates him?

When it comes to these kind of things YMMV, most of the scenes mentioned in this thread didn't seem that brutal to me.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Doras in the ZO movie. Forget the kinder gentler Movie Wars version. This is the real thing. He gets his arm cut off, falls out of a building (on the front of ZO's bike) and gets impaled through a poorly-placed scrap of metal... and keeps on ticking.

The first episodes of V3 and X for sure. And the end of the Dogma half of Super-1. A lot of Amazon. There's too much to name, to be honest.

HEROW
I'll give the gold medal to Amazon, silver to Shin, bronze to Kuuga.

Last edited: