Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area-Netflix attempt to combine the fanbase of Squid Game and Money Heist

Administrator
Staff member
 Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area is a South Korean remake of the Hit Spanish Netflix Original, Money Heist. The original concluded months ago. So it is shocking to see a remake in some form. Money Heist and Squid Game are two of the biggest hits on Netflix. In Squid Game, Cho Sang-woo, Park Hae-soo’s character, died, so a return is impossible. Now He will be playing the role of Berlin, played initially by Pedro Alonso. Yes, the characters will retain their City-based names from the Spanish original. 
Over 69 million Households watch the OG Money Heists. While Squid Game is watched by over 142 million, it made almost a billion dollars. Combining the two Fanbases could lead to the success of Money...

Continue reading...

Kay

Please don't let this one fail since I have high hopes for it. The original was fantastic, but I have trust in this stellar cast. Korea never fails to impress!!

This garbage will be a disaster and a complete waste of money. What would make me revisit something in a different language with different actors? It's a complete waste of time. It's no surprise that Netflix's stock is plummeting. Please give us some fresh ideas for content. So many shows got canceled only for them to remake a show ended months ago.

Househusband
Oh deary me! Whatever happen to the word originality! My expectations are low; I don't believe this will live up to the original, but I am interested to see how it turns out despite my concerns and misgivings. I'm absolutely looking forward to Berlin 2023! I'm not too fond of remakes and believe they are unnecessary. At the very least, it is not a Hollywood remake, which almost always fails.

Love Me!
This version is something I'm genuinely looking forward to. Whatever you want to call it, I'm sure Koreans will make the best of it. The original will always be THE original, but there have always been remakes of movies and TV series, some of which have been even more popular than the original. I'm not sure why people are so upset about this one.

Whoa this looks cool! What is with people whining about how great the original is that this remake will suck. Can we like first watch this before you make your judgement.