I would like a new Gundam series that involves nanomachines like from Metal Gear Solid, except there won't be any "Old Snake".

Those that wield only one mobile suit and the gundam pilots that pilot their gundam and any suit of their choosing to control.

Kamen Rider Meta
Gundam AGE
[hide]
c9c8bc64.jpg

79a5a79d.jpg

52aafc42.jpg

[/hide]
The new series will have three generations of "father, child, and descendant" as the lead characters who pilot the Gundam unit to fight against an unknown attacking enemy (UE) and save Earth. The first main character is Furitto Asuno, who developed the Gundam AGE-1 mobile suit (humanoid mobile weapon) equipped with the AGE System (a self-adapting computer). The second main character is Asemu Asuno, Furitto's child. The third main character is Kio Asuno, Furitto's descendant who inherits the Gundam. The Gundam AGE-1 can be augmented as the Gundam AGE-1 Taitasu for more power, or as the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow for more speed.

Other characters include Emily, Furitto's friend since he was 7. Guruudekku is a Commander in the Earth Federation Forces and the captain of the battleship Diva. Mireesu is a Lieutenant (junior grade) in the Federation Forces aboard the Diva.

Tied into the anime will be "four ultimate projects" in the works: manga, hobby (model kits), games, and cards.

Premise reminds me of Kiva?

Premise reminds me of Kiva.

"Training."
Main design is boring. I'm sorry but it just the original RX-78-2 and 00 designs mashed together and tweaked. But I do like the form changing. But this looks more like a Super Robot and not a Real Robot genre!

Supaidaman!
I don't think they could have made that design more bland if they'd tried.

That red form reminds me of Devil Gundam for some reason...

Lurker
This sounds and looks so super robot. I don't think I'll be interested, if I wanted super robots, I'll go for others. Then again, God Gundam was pretty super robot right? (never watched that)

Everywhere You Go
Please don't tell me that this is the next main Gundam TV anime series after 00. Isn't it supposed to be announced on Monday?

Mad Skillz
Oh my lord. They're brightly colored. They're kids. They look happy. They pilot their Gundams with a phone. They're brightly colored. They're kids. Gundam is ruined forever.

[hide]What is...95% of the general reaction to the leak?[/hide]

I love these designs so much. Maybe it's because I love brightly colored toyetic anime, but this just appeals to me so damn much. I can't say I wasn't this excited for 00 initially, but this is for a totally different reason. Here I'm wondering just what the future holds for Gundam. Will this be a new thing or are they just trying to capture a new generation of fans? Either way, I am in love with this show already. AGE-1 in Sparrow mode looks incredible and I definitely look forward to seeing it in action.

The story is...well it's different, I definitely do get some Kamen Rider Kiva vibes from it. I've got to wonder if it'll be told by intersplicing all three parts or one story directly after the other. Either way, I am pretty darn excited for this! Even the nontraditional form of piloting the Gundam with a phone seems like a fun take on the whole idea. (and really reminds me of that Gunpla show for some reason)

I'm interested in seeing if the story will lean more towards children than Gundam typically does or if it'll contain the same tone as a traditional series using those designs. What's more interesting is that, depending on its success, it could totally start a new trend.

The animation style also reminds me of Dendoh for some reason.
But this looks more like a Super Robot and not a Real Robot genre!
Gundam has always had all the trappings of Super Robot, though, just inside the body of a space opera.