This question just occured to me now. This is an old but extremely popular PR/SS debate: Would you think that MMPR season two would have been better off with the Dairanger Costumes?

Did you want MMPRS2 to be like this or like this?

Last edited:
Lurker
I think it would of worked. The Dairanger suits are pretty cool and would've coniceded well with the new zords. They could've made Lord Zedd seem more evil by having him destroy the old powers, forcing the rangers to take up the new suits (minus Tommy, of course :))

No!!! As much as I like Dairanger and their costume, I want MMPR to stay the same way.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Those were some SWEET suits, its really too bad they never got used on this side of the pacific.

In Justice, We Trust!
I often wondered what it would've been like if they switched costumes. But I think at that point, none of us really knew Dairanger existed.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
This question just occured to me just now. Would you think that MMPR season two would have been better off with the Dairanger Costumes?

Did you want MMPRS2 to be like this

or like this

I think it would of worked. The Dairanger suits are pretty cool and would've coniceded well with the new zords. They could've made Lord Zedd seem more evil by having him destroy the old powers, forcing the rangers to take up the new suits (minus Tommy, of course :))

Hell yeah, that is what should have happened in Season 2 of MMPR.
I could definitely imagine Jason, Zack, & Trini in the Ryuu, Shishi, & Kirin rangers' outfits and then it would passed to Rocky, Adam & Aisha. That way, Saban would have put the Dairanger fight scenes to good use.

Last edited:
I could definitely imagine Jason, Zack, & Trini in the Ryuu, Shishi, & Kirin rangers' outfits and then it would passed to Rocky, Adam & Aisha. That way, Saban would have put the Dairanger fight scenes to good use.

Except it was against FCC rules as being 'too violent' for kids in the US.

So any footage would have been heavily cut at best. And since this was Saban, home of cost-cutting and cheapo production values (per the actors), I imagine this would have been as bad as the whole Dinozord transformation into Thunderzord sequence.

Not that I had issues with it, but Doug Sloan combined "Dinosaurs" and "Ninjas"...can't get any better than that.:laugh:

The backlash is that...Power Ranger didn't fully utilize Kung Fu...with the exception of Trini then Adam and PR had to wait for 15+ years to finally utilize Kung Fu.

Last edited:

I could imagine Jason,Trini,Zack,Billy and Kimberly in the Ryuu,Kirin,Shishi,Temna and Houou suits as well as Rocky,Aisha and Adam in the Ryuu,Kirin and Shishi suits too.

Last edited: