Miss Universe is now Owned by a Thai Business woman who is a Billionaire

Super Moderator
Miss Universe has a new owner. Donald Trump owned it in the 1990s, then in 2015, he sold it to IMG. Fans had hoped that Miss Universe would once again become popular in the United States, but this hasn’t happened. South East Asia, Latin America, Australia, and France are what sustain Miss Universe. The pageant recently had changes with the rules as it now allows married women, divorced women and mothers to compete. Those changes are implemented  to make it more inclusive to all kinds of women.

Anne Jakkaphong, a Thai billionaire, is a major lover of pageants. She seized the opportunity when she learned that IMG was selling Miss Universe for just $20 million. One of the top TV networks in Thailand, JKN, is owned by Miss Anne.
Some Fans worry that she did it so Thailand will keep on winning because it is one of the Pageant crazy countries. Also there is a controversial Thai...

Continue reading...

Serving Lewks
There is a difference between sex and gender. her gender identity is a woman so she is a woman and she wanted to be known with female pronouns. Transwoman are women and people like you are stuck in middle ages.

Hail Mother Russia!
The New owner is beautiful and I hope she brings back the pageant's glory.

I have some worries because Thailand's standard of beauty favors light skin which is going to be disadvantage to Black women and Latinas. I hope that not all judges are Thais. They need a diverse panel of judges.

Southeast Asians have bitter rivalries in Pageants and I think this results to other ASEAN countries being nice to Thais because they are afraid that being rude to them will get their candidates eliminated. Southeast Asians and Latinos takes this thing seriously like how Americans gets crazy with Superbowl.

I think Anne Might treat the contestants better than Trump Did. Remember how Trump Embarrassed Alicia Machado because of her weight.

Future Squid Game winner
I admire this lady! She purchased MUO for the benefit of everyone, especially the Thai and the rest of the globe, in addition to her own interests. She is extremely privileged since she is selfless. She purchased Miss Universe to boost tourism and create jobs in her nation. I hope she does this in order to bring back the previous Miss Universe production format as well as the Little Sisters. To ensure that more nations are represented, I hope the Semifinalists will be the top 22 instead of 16.

I am your greatest dream & worst fuggin nightmare
It doesn't really matter what gender this person is. What counts is whether they can maintain the business's success and boost their profits. Diversity ultimately means nothing if the business fails. In Thailand, she had established herself as a commercial titan. She turns the hurt she feels from discrimination into strength so she can achieve her goals.

I worry for the chances of Latinas because she talks about empowering her country. Does it mean Thailand will win a lot? I got turned off with Miss Earth because its Filipino owned and Filipino judges and has 4 Filipino Winners already. The judges should be a diverse group, so if Thailand does win, she earned it.