Mill Creek has licensed the ENTIRE Ultraman library !!!!!!

D

Dr Kain

YOu forgot that they also are unable to give Mill Creek the rights to Ultraman Powered Up, the Hanna Barbera cartoon, and the 90s Ultra Seven series at this time.

He also said Ultra Seven X would be sooner rather than later.

R

raden238

That's awesome news from Mill Creek! I hope they can release the 4kids dub of Ultraman Tiga. I know people hate it but its really nostalgic to me. I remember the days, waking up early Saturday morning at 8 to watch it. Good memories and the theme song jammin'.

YOu forgot that they also are unable to give Mill Creek the rights to Ultraman Powered Up, the Hanna Barbera cartoon, and the 90s Ultra Seven series at this time.

He also said Ultra Seven X would be sooner rather than later.
I didn't forget them - they weren't mentioned in the twitter thread I was working from! (linked in previous post)
I don't really use facebook any more (every time I go on my feed seems to be filled with either ex-colleagues posting pictures of their lunch or people I haven't seen in years spreading far-right propaganda) so I hadn't seen the original group.

I have added a couple of edits into the previous post so that it's complete. Let me know if there's anything else you spot and I will add it in. There's still a number of "oddities" of unknown status, like the original Ultra Fight, The☆Ultraman anime, Nice, Neos, Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers, etc.
That's awesome news from Mill Creek! I hope they can release the 4kids dub of Ultraman Tiga. I know people hate it but its really nostalgic to me. I remember the days, waking up early Saturday morning at 8 to watch it. Good memories and the theme song jammin'.
Yeah, I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense. Because 4Kids made the episodes shorter, the dub audio tracks are also shorter and won't match up with the full-length video. So they can't simply add it as an alternate audio track. They would need to be added as extra episodes (and I doubt they would spend extra money on hiring an editor to trim the HD footage down in exactly the same way).

I think the gist of what he was saying is that they didn't want the full series set to get held back while they figure out what they can do with the dubs. But as 4Kids only dubbed the first half of the series, it may not make sense to release an incomplete show on it's own either. So I think at best it might just get made available for streaming or something.

D

Dr Kain

Oh I gotcha. I watched the stream itself, which Keith talked about those there.

EDIT: BTW, can someone explain to me why fansubbers still insiste on subbing Ultraman series they know are licensed? Anime fansubbers would stop subbing a show the moment a license was announced even if the final episode was the only thing left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to change his avatar
So, I assume if they're going as far as including The Next in the Nexus set, then they'll probably also include the episode that had the director's cut and the extra episode?