Mikey Joe = 1; Eikaiwa = 0

Hey fellow Justicers. I would just like to give you guys some good news! After I graduate from my university this May, I will be moving to Japan in order to become an Eikaiwa teacher for a Japanese private company. For those people who do not know what Eikaiwa is, it is translated as "English conversation" which means I will be teaching English in Japan. According to my interviewers, I might be placed in Shizuoka prefecture which is about 2 hours west of Tokyo and about 2 1/2 hours east of Kyoto. It is still tentative but they will let me know a month before my departure (August).

For this job, I will be teaching English to both kids and adults. I will also be getting my own apartment (unlike other companies that you have to share with someone). This job also provides medical insurance and pension from the Japanese government as well.

Now onto the group interview...

I actually had to drive to Los Angeles from Las Vegas (4 hour drive) in order to participate for the group interview. For this interview, we were told to prepare a 30-minute presentation in which we had to perform in front of the interviewers and fellow interviewees a 5 minute portion of it.

When I arrived at their offices, there were five other interviewees as well. Most of them went to either UCLA or USC so I knew that I had some stiff competition. We all had to fill out an informational sheet (name, address, phone number, etc.) while waiting for the interview to start. We were all led to this really small room and for two hours, they presented us an "Informational Session" about the company and Japan (which I already knew about anyways). After the two hour info session, we had a fifteen minute break.

After the break, we were then placed in a circle and had to prepare a thirty minute lesson plan in five minutes. Fairly easy stuff here...you just had to make sure that you participate and shell out your ideas to the rest of the group. Some of the interviewees did not even try to participate.

After this activity, we then had to perform our five-minute presentation in front of everybody while my fellow interviewees had to act as students. This might sound overwhelming and nerve-racking but if you maintain you compulsure, you will do fine.

After the presentation, we took an English test and had to write an essay on "why we want to live and work in Japan." After this, the interviewers told us that if we did good on the group interview, then they will call us and schedule a personal interview. We all went our separate ways by 4pm.

An hour after our group interview was adjourned, I got a call from one of the interviewers so I can schedule a personal interview for the next day.

Next time, my personal interview...

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Way to go dude! Good luck on the next interview! :buttrock:

Banned
Wow! You can now pose as Red Mask in Shizuoka with Fujiyama in the background. Don't forget that this is the Hikari Sentai's 20th anniversary. Make the first Mystic Arms sentai prouder. Also, don't forget the cameltoe. Please post some Red Mask poses with Fujiyama as the background here on HJU.

Wow! You can now pose as Red Mask in Shizuoka with Fujiyama in the background. Don't forget that this is the Hikari Sentai's 20th anniversary. Make the first Mystic Arms sentai prouder. Also, don't forget the cameltoe. Please post some Red Mask poses with Fujiyama as the background here on HJU.

...uhhh....

Anyways, that sounds really cool! Hope you get it! ^_^

Way to go dude! Good luck on the next interview! :buttrock:

Thanks JFC, D, Kiachi and Borgman but I do not have any interviews, they already hired me as of last Thursday!:thumbs:

Uhh, are you talking about Fuji-san? Fujiyama is a Japanese last name and is completely written different.

富士山 - Fuji-san
藤山 - Fujiyama

Banned
Of course, I'm talking about Mt. Fuji/Fujisan/Fujiyama. Please do some Red Mask poses with Mt. Fuji as the scenic background. It's one way of saying to Aka Red that Red Mask can still do some of those classic poses with Mt. Fuji behind. Make the most out of your stay in Shizuoka and show the fans the glory that was the 80s sentai, with Mt. Fuji of course.

the baddest *****
You're weird, angelo.

Anyway, congratulations! Since the major I'm currently in doesn't offer a BA, I'm kinda stuck with, if I ever decide to go through the hells of English teaching, NOVA. But congratulations and much luck!

Banned
Well, Mt. Fuji first came to my mind when I read that MJ will be staying in Shizuoka and of course, I remembered those classic 80s sentai poses with Mt. Fuji behind. Lastly, Michael Joe is another common alter-ego name of Red Mask and the thread starter is MJRM, or Mang Jose Ramon Magsaysay, er, Mikey Joey Red Mask. That's it.