Yeah yeah, I know it is a tragedy, but the meteor flying across the sky was gorgeous. Watching the one video with the guys camera where the sky suddenly looked like the sun was setting was beautiful.

Indeed it was beautiful. And terrifying as well.

Digital Artist
In 15 years or so, are we going to see meteor freaks in Russia? Are they going to begin a new breed of people? Who will be our Superman to save the world?

In all seriousness, that sucks for Russia. There really is no defense for a falling meteorite. Or is there?

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of the ultra-nationalist Liberal Democratic Party, was quoted as saying: "Meteors are falling. Those are not meteors, it is Americans testing their new weapon."
Lol. Yeah, that's like him XD

I was really surprised. I didn't expect an actual meteor. There was a big Tunguska Meteor, which hit Siberia about 100 years ago. Sure, recent one wasn't that as big as Tunguska, but Thank God it didn't hit more urban areas. I probably would be shocked and terrified, if I actually saw that meteor falling.

Hope there won’t be any serious casualties.

I don't do sense
3110.jpg

That's boohlsheet
I did not hit her
I did not

Lol. Yeah, that's like him XD

I was really surprised. I didn't expect an actual meteor. There was a big Tunguska Meteor, which hit Siberia about 100 years ago. Sure, recent one wasn't that as big as Tunguska, but Thank God it didn't hit more urban areas. I probably would be shocked and terrified, if I actually saw that meteor falling.

Hope there won’t be any serious casualties.
It seems the injuries are fairly light. I've seen numbers varying from 150 all the way to 1200 people, but it seems they're mostly minor cuts from shattered window glass (it's going to be a good month for Russian glaziers). The meteor looks like it broke up in the atmosphere, so only fragments made it to the ground (though there are reports of a 20ft crater) and they all landed well outside the city.

Some kind of Beast mode
I would have been so frightened but love it at the same time, at least the sight of it. That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, not going to lie. Just wish it didn't have to hurt people in the end.