Meteors hit Russia, a lot of people injured

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I just read about this earlier. Some of the videos posted are nuts. The meteor looked like a blazing wad of fire streaking through the sky.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Seeing something like that in the sky has got to be incredibly terrifying. I feel bad for all the people who rushed to a window to get a look at it and then...had the glass explode on them.

Shogun_Master

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
So, you are saying, in Mother Russia, we don't cover meteors, meteors cover you?

I'm sorry, that was horrible.:disappoin

Anyway, did anyone even see that coming? None of those people really appeared to be prepared for that thing...

EDIT: Aaaand, there's my shitty memory again. My joke makes no sense here. I thought someone had said Russians have a lot of dashcams because of a high level of insurance fraud. That was apparently a post on the actual video, not here...:redface2:

Last edited:

Toku Prime

OK if I'd have been there I would've been convinced the world was ending...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBtfR54Svk"]WARNING: THIS IS LOUD!!![/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlX7xO6rWts"]Shockwave hits 30 seconds in[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvHl5Qcnzc"]Not your usual Friday morning at work[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MEsWC1Pzc"]"Russia Today" news report[/ame]

SamuraiEchidna

Wow. This is horrible. I'm sure I'll be hearing about this one in the news for a while. Has there been any charities set up yet for this?

So, you are saying, in Mother Russia, we don't cover meteors, meteors cover you?

I'm sorry, that was horrible.:disappoin

Yes it was... And I can do you one better...

[HIDE]The prophecy has been fulfilled. The Worms have invaded... In Russia! Kamen Rider Kabuto warned us about this!! :O_O:[/HIDE]

The_Emperor

now Nerd Emperor
bdmnb7tcmaicor6jpglarge.jpg

This is just like the scene in Deep Impact. :sly:

That was the first thing I thought of as well.
Also eerie how we have a black President now... almost feels like the movie was a prophecy and there is possibly more to come. :confused2

Bigdog

Seeing something like that in the sky has got to be incredibly terrifying. I feel bad for all the people who rushed to a window to get a look at it and then...had the glass explode on them.

Only thing to say to this:

CHA LA, HEAD CHA LA!!!!!!!:castlerock: :castlerock:

Loved the pic posted of the meme.

But yeah, its unfortunate they were injured, though not sure if a charity is needed because it doesn't seem to be extensive.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah yeah, I know it is a tragedy, but the meteor flying across the sky was gorgeous. Watching the one video with the guys camera where the sky suddenly looked like the sun was setting was beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigdog

Yeah yeah, I know it is a tragedy, but the meteor flying across the sky was gorgeous. Watching the one video with the guys camera where the sky suddenly looked like the sun was setting was beautiful.

Indeed it was beautiful. And terrifying as well.

chronoxiong

Digital Artist
In 15 years or so, are we going to see meteor freaks in Russia? Are they going to begin a new breed of people? Who will be our Superman to save the world?

In all seriousness, that sucks for Russia. There really is no defense for a falling meteorite. Or is there?

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of the ultra-nationalist Liberal Democratic Party, was quoted as saying: "Meteors are falling. Those are not meteors, it is Americans testing their new weapon."
Lol. Yeah, that's like him XD

I was really surprised. I didn't expect an actual meteor. There was a big Tunguska Meteor, which hit Siberia about 100 years ago. Sure, recent one wasn't that as big as Tunguska, but Thank God it didn't hit more urban areas. I probably would be shocked and terrified, if I actually saw that meteor falling.

Hope there won’t be any serious casualties.

Toku Prime

Lol. Yeah, that's like him XD

I was really surprised. I didn't expect an actual meteor. There was a big Tunguska Meteor, which hit Siberia about 100 years ago. Sure, recent one wasn't that as big as Tunguska, but Thank God it didn't hit more urban areas. I probably would be shocked and terrified, if I actually saw that meteor falling.

Hope there won’t be any serious casualties.
It seems the injuries are fairly light. I've seen numbers varying from 150 all the way to 1200 people, but it seems they're mostly minor cuts from shattered window glass (it's going to be a good month for Russian glaziers). The meteor looks like it broke up in the atmosphere, so only fragments made it to the ground (though there are reports of a 20ft crater) and they all landed well outside the city.

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
I would have been so frightened but love it at the same time, at least the sight of it. That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, not going to lie. Just wish it didn't have to hurt people in the end.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?