Actually, from what I've read from the toku forum in china, Metal Kaiser is actually banned by the broadcasting department of Guang Zhou from ever been broadcast... :redface2: They have been doing this kinda banning action for quite a while now... :shakefist

Damn communists... :shakefist

I hope it at least gets picked up in Japan or something; I'd really hate to see something like this not come to fruition. :disappoin

That whole post was a pure joke.

Although of course kaiju fights are gonna be well-made, since they're, you know, movies in theaters.

Although the fights in each of the three major series in Japan are pretty much the same in terms of how good they are.

No.They are different.The heroes in tokusatsu series made by Toei today like to act like bunch of clowns while fighting enemies.

You will not see that in most episodes of Ultraman series.Ultraman Dyna have comedy scenes but the fighting scenes are 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 better than Kamen Rider Deno and Carranger.:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock:

You will not see Ultraman Dyna act like a clown while fighting.

"Comedy+Tokusatsu = A show for young children,housewives and schoolgirls."

Ultraman will never ever be consider as "kiddy" show.There are scenes which people being killed on most Ultraman series and movies including Ultraman Cosmos.

One episode of Ultraman series can have hundreds or thousands of people died because of kaiju attacked.Try to compare that with Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series.

Example,one episode of Ultraman Ace have more people being killed than the whole series of both Kamen Rider Black and Turboranger combined.The enemies are not as evil as Kaiju and Seijin in Ultraman series.

The show that already considered as kiddy shows today are Super Sentai series.

Best example,Kakuranger.Enemies "never" killed people in most episodes.Buildings were destroyed all the time but I never saw people get killed during the "attack" like most Ultraman series.Probably to help Disney doing their job easier since no need to do a lot editing work for violence scenes.

No one was ever killed in first season of Power Rangers.

Last time when I watched Goranger,Bioman and Jetman,the enemies like to kill people whenever they want.But you "rarely" saw these in Super Sentai series today.Even Gransazers and Justirisers are better than Super Sentai series.

As cool as his looks, something really bothers me...

...What the heck does "Kaiser" mean? :sweat:

"Shocker Gundan, Banzai!"
The Japanese sometimes use "Kaizer" which comes from the German, "Kaiser," which means "Emperor."

Last edited:
Thanks!

I knew about the German word, but I thought that the "Kaiser" I've been seeing in anime and toku for so long meant something else.

Hmm, yeah, seems like the show's nowhere in sight. Oh, and by the name "Five Dragon Mystic Swordsmen" and some speculations, there seems to be more than one giant hero.

No.They are different.The heroes in tokusatsu series made by Toei today like to act like bunch of clowns while fighting enemies.

You will not see that in most episodes of Ultraman series.Ultraman Dyna have comedy scenes but the fighting scenes are 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 better than Kamen Rider Deno and Carranger.:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock:

You will not see Ultraman Dyna act like a clown while fighting.
As a huge tokusatsu fan and after seeing multiple series, I'm gonna have to call BS on this. They look a lot better than in the past. Older toku shows had really slow fights, while nowadays it's more intense and improved (which isn't surprising considering the higher budject than in the past). It is true that when you compare the actual giant fights in Ultraman with the giant fights in a Super Sentai series, Ultraman wins, although that's mostly because he has more movement freedom than a giant robot. But when you compare the fights as a whole with the fights in Super Sentai or Kamen Rider as a whole, they're about the same in quality.
"Comedy+Tokusatsu = A show for young children,housewives and schoolgirls."

Ultraman will never ever be consider as "kiddy" show.There are scenes which people being killed on most Ultraman series and movies including Ultraman Cosmos.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

...Your serious, aren't you?

What a joke, that shows you know nothing.
One episode of Ultraman series can have hundreds or thousands of people died because of kaiju attacked.Try to compare that with Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series.

Example,one episode of Ultraman Ace have more people being killed than the whole series of both Kamen Rider Black and Turboranger combined.The enemies are not as evil as Kaiju and Seijin in Ultraman series.
Yeah, I mean, totally comparing one show in a huge series to other shows in their huge series proves that!

Seriously, stop fooling yourself.

The show that already considered as kiddy shows today are Super Sentai series.
And Kamen Rider, and Ultraman.
Best example,Kakuranger.Enemies "never" killed people in most episodes.Buildings were destroyed all the time but I never saw people get killed during the "attack" like most Ultraman series.Probably to help Disney doing their job easier since no need to do a lot editing work for violence scenes.
Kakuranger wasn't being done by Disney. The fact that you thought that really shows how ignorant you are and biased.
Last time when I watched Goranger,Bioman and Jetman,the enemies like to kill people whenever they want.But you "rarely" saw these in Super Sentai series today.Even Gransazers and Justirisers are better than Super Sentai series.
Yeah, you keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

"Shocker Gundan, Banzai!"
Actually, I have to step in and say that originally, ULTRAMAN and other shows, like KAMEN RIDER, were made for viewing by the whole family, they weren't necessarily "kiddie shows." From the beginning, ULTRAMAN was always written for an older audience, but the monsters were what appealed to children. ULTRA SEVEN was even more "adult" in its approach, but children still loved the series. During the 1970s, the demographics began to change, and the shows -- such as TARO -- were made specifically for children. Then, we got ULTRAMAN LEO, which was incredibly violent and a lot more serious in the writing.

A lot of things have changed since the 1960s and 1970s in Japan. First off, the Sentai Series has always been, despite the early days of gratuitous violence, were aimed mainly at children, but the writers still tried to make it tolerable for adults, so while the monsters looked goofy, the scripts seemed like heavy drama. Depending on the writers involved, they would try to make the shows interesting for older viewers (parents), so that the whole family could watch.

In the 1980s, the Japan PTA started to complain, and Toei started to shy away from fatal violence, and then you've got the paradigm shift when Bandai started calling the shots. Kamen Rider basically remained the same, which shifted from grim to whimsical, with SKY RIDER and SUPER-1. This changed again with KAMEN RIDER BLACK, which was straight-faced and all business, but it went back to whimsical with BLACK-RX, which seemed aimed directly at children (and the proposed third BLACK series was cancelled). After KAMEN RIDER AGITO, it seems as though that Toei has made each successive series more silly -- while the plots and fights are serious, the characters are more whimsical (see DEN-O). It's not bad, necessarily, just an evolution.

Meanwhile, the theme of the Ultraman series was also altered starting with ULTRAMAN 80, which now became "Love and Hope Mankind." Many of the elements which are now canon in the Heisei Ultraman Series (from TIGA to MEBIUS) spring from ULTRAMAN 80. But, even so, the Heisei productions, such as ULTRAMAN TIGA and ULTRAMAN GAIA were far more "adult" in their approach than CARRANGER or GOGO FIVE. All you have to do is compare them and anyone will see the dramatic contrast between the two. Even though Bandai dictates the designs and other aspects of the shows as a controlling sponsor. Each of the Heisei Ultraman Series, starting with TIGA, have been more about this theme.

Now, just because one series is more juvenile than the other doesn't mean that they are without merit or aren't fun -- that's the point of these shows, they are ENTERTAINMENT, first and foremost, so I don't think that anyone will win a debate on which is more entertaining or of worth or value, because whether its ULTRAMAN or SUPER SENTAI, they've both been on television in Japan for decades, so they both have something going for them. Right?

As for arguing about superiority, Super Sentai or Sazer Series, its all apples and oranges, my friends, its all apples and oranges. It all depends on what you like, sweet or sour. Personally, I like them all! :)

Last edited:
...As for arguing about superiority, Super Sentai or Sazer Series, its all apples and oranges, my friends, its all apples and oranges. It all depends on what you like, sweet or sour. Personally, I like them all...

Well said, August-san. :thumbs:

Hmm, yeah, seems like the show's nowhere in sight. Oh, and by the name "Five Dragon Mystic Swordsmen" and some speculations, there seems to be more than one giant hero.
It's true, there were going to be five heroes each who would be appearing for 10 episodes (50 episodes) -

Four of them would be actual mystical dragon swordsmen who would wake up in a sequence as each of them would appear for 10 episodes before they go back to slumber and replace by the next one.

And the last one which is the fifth swordsman would be man-made, a robot build by the chinese government since (assuming that) according to the way the chinese government works (acceptable by them), the 'saviour' of the country would always come from the people or well the people themselves not some mystical powerful gigantic hero...

Too bad, it's banned (for the sake of this is not an actual animated show, probably)... :shakefist