I like his design, but the giant kaiju thing (outside of Godzilla) just doesnt work for me. I guess the same would go for Ultraman. Lovely designs, but I just get so bored with the battles.

I like his design, but the giant kaiju thing (outside of Godzilla) just doesnt work for me. I guess the same would go for Ultraman. Lovely designs, but I just get so bored with the battles.

I completely agree with you on that one. Giant heroes/Kaiju aren't really my thing. I like shows with more of a human-scale to them, like the Kamen Rider franchise.

Afterall, it's easier to relate to someone your size than it is to relate to giant monsters/heroes.

Metal Kaiser looks cool though. I really like the suit design. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I completely agree with you on that one. Giant heroes/Kaiju aren't really my thing. I like shows with more of a human-scale to them, like the Kamen Rider franchise.

Afterall, it's easier to relate to someone your size than it is to relate to giant monsters/heroes.

Boy, I'd personally have issues with that statement! :laugh:

The fighting scenes in some Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times worse than Ultraman and Godzilla.I "hate" the way Carranger and Kamen Rider Deno being a bunch of clowns while fighting.

Some people consider Kamen Rider series exclusively made for housewives and schoolgirls.

If you don't like Ultraman,no need to comment about the fighting scenes in the series.Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are produced because of the popularity of Ultraman.

Ultraman rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:

I never said I didn't like Ultraman/Kaiju. And the fighting in said shows/movies are PRETTY DAMN GOOD, IMO! :thumbs:

I just have a preference for human-sized heroes is all.

The fighting scenes in some Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times worse than Ultraman and Godzilla.I "hate" the way Carranger and Kamen Rider Deno being a bunch of clowns while fighting.

Some people consider Kamen Rider series exclusively made for housewives and schoolgirls.

If you don't like Ultraman,no need to comment about the fighting scenes in the series.Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are produced because of the popularity of Ultraman.

Ultraman rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:
That whole post was a pure joke.

Although of course kaiju fights are gonna be well-made, since they're, you know, movies in theaters.

Although the fights in each of the three major series in Japan are pretty much the same in terms of how good they are.

Oh, and I want to see Metal Kaiser. When is it supposed to be released?

That's why I revived the thread from however many pages it was back.

By what the article posted earlier says, the show should have already been airing in China, with Tsuburaya bringing it over to Japan sometime next year.

I was hoping to find out if it indeed had already begun airing in China and any other kind of information that might come out of that.

Actually, from what I've read from the toku forum in china, Metal Kaiser is actually banned by the broadcasting department of Guang Zhou from ever been broadcast... :redface2: They have been doing this kinda banning action for quite a while now... :shakefist