You realize the Combo packs exist because Blu-ray sales aren't so hot right? Then again you made the claim that a DVD is just VHS quality on a disc, so you've pretty much shown that you don't know what you're talking about.

lazycoconut said:
Is there any reason Metal Hero couldn't just come back for a few movies rather than shelve Rider or Sentai? Now that Toei seems to want to keep doing big crossovers anyway ...
I think most the people wanting to say Sentai (or Rider) would be cancelled for Metal Heroes just don't like Sentai (or Rider) and don't care that Toei is capable of doing more than 2 things at a time.

Eye See You
You realize the Combo packs exist because Blu-ray sales aren't so hot right? Then again you made the claim that a DVD is just VHS quality on a disc, so you've pretty much shown that you don't know what you're talking about.

Of course I don't know what I am talking about. I only have a thick VHS, Beta, DVD, Lazerdisc, HDDVD, and Blu-ray collection. What do I know, right?.

DVD quality is ass. That's the bottom line.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
But Blu-ray is the next step and what's going to be used for the years to come. DVD is out dated and just garbage compared to Blu-ray. Having these shows released on DVD now at this point is like releasing them on VHS when DVD was in it's prime, it's pointless now.

You're preaching to the choir

VHS survived and was popular in many markets until 2006

So with that in mind, DVD is going to be around for a good LONG while

But if you want to buy Blu-Ray and enjoy superior sound and quality, then by all means, go ahead

Don't let any of us stop you :thumbs:

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
^
Admitting that you have a problem is the first step.
:thumbs:

Sorry for this being my first post but :

What Forever Knight is saying is actually true, well, a sort of half truth anyway. The main advantage and disadvantage is it's analog, analog means you need really good equipment to record high quality videos (Loss of signal ends up as lost video quality as well.) but it's main advantage is since it's not digital, there will be no compression artifacts and even on a RAW video data, the VHS quality will still be superior,the last "upgrade" on it's standard makes it possible to store real 480p video on it as well.

I'm actually for about three years lurking in Henshin Justice now but I just registered to reply to his very post... >.<

I don't do sense
Making theories about what tapes can do is completely pointless because consumer-level VHS during the peak of their use were bad, really bad and couldn't compare to the DVD of today.

A lot of shows simply do not exist in HD. You can't put Kamen Rider Kuuga on Blu-ray, there is no HD master. You can't put Megaranger on Blu-ray, there is no HD master.

Many people don't see the point in HD. The price is off-putting and there is no Blu-ray rental market in Japan and as we all know, rentals are everything in that country.

Your suggestion to "just rise the price by ten bucks" makes me doubt you ever buy stuff yourself, because retail media prices in Japan are already pushing it as they are.

There is no doubt that higher resolution in ideal case is better than a lower one. But there is a difference between "sufficient quality" and "DVD is ass. Period." Especially in comparison to VHS and Laserdisc. Oh, and laserdisc is written with an s, if you really had one you'd know it.

Toei botched this entire thing by waiting this long to release these classic shows either way.
Well yeah because releasing a 10000 yen volume every month for years since early 00s simply doesn't count. You don't seem to comprehend how huge Toei's library really is. They are only finishing now because it took that long!

Last edited: