I think the better idea would be to invent a new franchise anyway.
There is only so much that binds Metal Hero together. Is there really a demand? Doesn't modern Masked Rider fill the role more or less?
Well, they made a movie with Gavan. So what now? I've heard that Space Sheriffs are the first thing people imagine anyway when they think of Metal Heroes. So make a new Space Sheriff series? But... would it really work?
Sometimes it seems like people just want some third toku series called "Metal Heroes" for the sake of it.

The following is there, it's been some good 15 years since we saw a good metal hero on our screen i can only take so much SS, they rarely put on 2 good seasons in a row, go-onger anybody. Kamen rider is a bit too repetitive, which is why Garo is succeeding. If brought back to life, metal heroes gotta have a solid plot and and everything else, hopefuly the rest as far as action, following enthusiasm shall follow...

I don't do sense
Cult following cannot fund a year-long series.
Metal Hero didn't really have plots that much deeper than usual Toei toku fare.
Garo cannot be compared because it's in a completely different timeslot and for a completely different audience.

Garo cannot be compared because it's in a completely different timeslot and for a completely different audience.

referred to garo as the time interval between the 2 seasons was consequent and the new season is slightly much better in everything. As far audience we shall see where they go, the uchuu keiji series and maybe juspion, spielban and jiraiya were a bit darker to be directed toward kids so we shall see...

I would not think they'd touch SS since it would piss Saban off. No SS, no Rangers so that's not an option unless a high budget MMPR film series is then made in the absence like Transformers.

A new Uchuu Keiji? That'd be something mixed with B-Fighter.:castlerock:

Nice post!!
Doesn't modern Masked Rider fill the role more or less?

If Metal Hero comes back, it'll be so Bandai can crank out Rider-style toys twice a year instead of just once. As long as they didn't cannibalize Rider's sales, it'd be a gold mine.

Bandai's tried numerous time to work Rider-style gimmicks into Sentai and they just don't take. Metal Hero was devised from the ground up to fill Rider's merchandising shoes.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Would Toei really want to start producing full Metal Hero series again?

There were rumours at the start of the year that Toei planned to cancel Sentai and replace it with Metal Heroes, which everyone laughed off because we hadn't heard about Gokaiger vs Gavan yet. I shouldn't think that will happen, but I think Sentai would be in more danger of it than Rider (in reference to the person who said at the start of the thread that they wanted Toei to retire Rider in favour of Metal Heroes)

I don't have low self esteem.
since it would piss Saban off.

Who gives a **** about him?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0"]Haim Saban: I want my money - YouTube[/ame]

Meanwhile back on topic, I'm in for a new Metal Hero series. GO FOR IT TOEI!! Gokaiger and Goseiger were boring anyway and I'm not holding my breath for Go Busters or whatever it's called.

Minato Ascending
Oh please. :laugh:

Even though I think SS can use some creativity and think-outside-the-box ideas (like KR did with W-OOO-Fourze), the franchise as a whole is still healthy and I doubt Toei has contemplated shelfing it like they did with Kamen Rider before Kuuga.