One of the most interesting "experiments" IMO was when they tried to put Kikaider into the Metal Hero universe in form of Metalder.
I never understood why they didn't just do that from the beginning.
Like Ultraman, people in Japan STILL recognizes Kikaider, and he has appeared in various KR and SS stage shows, and now in the latest All Rider movie as well.

As much as I love the police-themed MH shows, I think perhaps the Metalder route could be the best way to go. They just need to make it a new Kikaider series (actually USING the name), and we are ready to go.

One of the most interesting "experiments" IMO was when they tried to put Kikaider into the Metal Hero universe in form of Metalder.
I never understood why they didn't just do that from the beginning.
Like Ultraman, people in Japan STILL recognizes Kikaider, and he has appeared in various KR and SS stage shows, and now in the latest All Rider movie as well.

As much as I love the police-themed MH shows, I think perhaps the Metalder route could be the best way to go. They just need to make it a new Kikaider series (actually USING the name), and we are ready to go.

The problem is Ishinomori. Metal Hero was a 100% Toei brand, not co-owned by Ishinomori, unlike the Kamen Rider series, Goranger and JAKQ. The idea of a pure Toei franchise was one of its characteristics. By taking Kikaider into the series, they'd need to credit Ishinomori like they need to do for Sentai when they use Goranger and JAKQ.

Being a HUGE fan of the franchise, my impression is that it was always heavy on sci-fi themes. Almost in every show - probably Jiraiya was the only exception for that - there was a tech reason for the heroes' super powers. What I hear in the other forums when this topic comes up is that sci-fi is not HOT as for now. There is no market for it so Toei won't bother to bring the franchise back to life.

Let's just hope that Toei is testing the market for a Metal Hero resurrection. Or maybe a Decade-like idea - it'd be too cool to see the Space Sheriffs and Rescue Police heroes fighting along side. I can dream, right? :laugh:

i think one of the problems of the metal heroes franchise is it somewhat lacked a character to represent the franchise... whereas we have the original ultraman for the ultra series, ichigo(den-o is also a candidate for the mascot job) for the rider franchise... heck even power rangers have tommy :laugh:...

from what i can see the franchise is somewhat fragmented into different lead characters/heroes... IMHO TOEI wasn't able to produce a single character to somewhat rose into the level of the orignal ultraman and and kamen rider in pop-culture...

i'd still like to see Gokaiger vs Decade.....cuz yknow...it'd be all kinds of awesome.

I personally wouldnt mind Toei bringing Metal Heroes back, as long as they do it ALONGSIDE Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. The more good toku I have to watch, the less crappy American TV i'll watch...

I don't do sense
I think the better idea would be to invent a new franchise anyway.
There is only so much that binds Metal Hero together. Is there really a demand? Doesn't modern Masked Rider fill the role more or less?
Well, they made a movie with Gavan. So what now? I've heard that Space Sheriffs are the first thing people imagine anyway when they think of Metal Heroes. So make a new Space Sheriff series? But... would it really work?
Sometimes it seems like people just want some third toku series called "Metal Heroes" for the sake of it.

i think one of the problems of the metal heroes franchise is it somewhat lacked a character to represent the franchise...

I confused because in reference to the super sentai you could say each year brings different characters and story lines. Gavan,Sharivan,Spielban,Juspion are reference characters...