When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Can we consider garo to be a metal hero though? I thought the ryukend0/sazer x/justirisers were a step into the right direction but they were a bit too sentai like.

Garo is........ehhhhhh, kind of more of a "Magical Hero" like Magiranger, Sailor Moon, or Cardcaptor Sakura

Well, what did you think of the Tomica Hero series?

Garo is........ehhhhhh, kind of more of a "Magical Hero" like Magiranger, Sailor Moon, or Cardcaptor Sakura

Well, what did you think of the Tomica Hero series?

lmao i see where you are coming from but garo is not sentai like and most definitely not an anime indeed...
So Far so good, Tomica is ok, im not blown away by it but i rather enjoy it. It follows the lineage of the sazerx/justirisers/ryukendo genre.

Metal Hero is a franchise, not a "genre". Garo, Justiriser, Ryukendo and others are their own franchises, not "Metal Hero".

I am still confused but thank you..

"Metal Hero" is a franchise like "Super Sentai". It's a brand owned by Toei, which was used for multiple series often unrelated storywise, but featuring heroes in armor and often some kind of police force.

Series like Garo, Justiriser and Rescue Force weren't made by Toei, so they aren't Metal Hero shows, even if they feature heroes in armor too.

Aronbafon
GARO is not even in the same league as Sentai/Rider and all those series, the others were aimed at children something GARO never was. It's not a midnight Toku for nothing.

But possibilities show Sentai is most likely to take a back-seat or possibly having a "Two-Hour" Super Hero Time (PreCure kinda fits under, but isn't directly in Super Hero Time) [By the "Two Hour" I mean, as in the 7 AM slot would be the Metal Hero air slot]

This is our adaptation version of Metal Heroes...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d41xm6ZgBQ"]VR troopers Openings season 1 & 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTUwM_mKS4c"]beetleborgs intro (season 1 and 2) - YouTube[/ame]

PS: ...in the Philippines...there's Zaido.:laugh:

It might not have been the best, but it seems to be the only phase o Metal Hero that's still remembered. If they bring back Metal Hero, they'll want to give it an identity of its own, and the Space Sheriff trilogy is in the best position to give an identity to Metal Hero.
See, this is why I think Metal Heroes died out. The brand never really had much in the way of a solid identity like Kamen Rider (dude with a transformation belt, bug motif, and a motor cycle) or Super Sentai (team of heroes with a giant robot). Metal Heroes just kinda wandered from idea to idea; space sheriffs, cops, bug-themed heroes, ninjas... there was never really a strong sense of what makes a Metal Hero a Metal Hero.

Eye See You
Metal Hero is a franchise, not a "genre". Garo, Justiriser, Ryukendo and others are their own franchises, not "Metal Hero".

Well, it's a sub-genre in the overall world of Tokusatsu when not looking at it by companies who make them.

The Space Sheriff trilogy will always have it's special place, but it was far from the best.
The evil space alien thing has been done to death in Sentai, which is why many people liked police/military themed Metal Hero shows such as Blue Swat, Janperson and Winspector

What I would do is have 1 year as a 4th Space Sheriff series and the 2nd year as a 3rd B-Fighter series. See how that goes if it gets big as SS or KR then go for more "original" stuff with the Metal Heroes.

Mad Skillz
I think I remember reading that Toei ditched the Space Sheriff idea after Shaider because ratings had gone down. Juspion was an attempt at keeping a similar visual look but having a different approach to the story, ditto for Spielban. I think there would have been a much more solid brand identity had they kept that basic look going but then we got shows like Metalder and Jiraiya that were just so incredibly different from each other and the first five Metal Hero shows that everything pretty much went out the window.

It seems to be that the one really prominent feature to the franchise is that they were typically part of some sort of law enforcement agency. You had nine or so series out of 16 that are linked to the idea of being a cop of some sort. You have the first three series about space cops, then four that do their own thing and then six more shows in a row where the heroes are some sort of cops. I'm not sure why this theme never became widely seen as its brand, but I've thought that the radically different visuals while keeping a certain unifying theme was sort of like Metal Heroes' version of what's happening with Heisei Rider, really different looking heroes from series to series but a general thematic unity is usually there.

I am still confused but thank you..
Pretty much like what's been explained, Metal Heroes is the name of a franchise, not really the name of a genre within tokusatsu. Tomica Heroes was from Takara, the Sazer shows were from Toho, each had their own specific themes, the Tomica Heroes generally fought disasters and had giant vehicles while the Sazer shows revolved around giant "star god" robots. It's not like kaijuu films where there can be a ton from different companies, each franchise is owned by a different company and has their own unique traits.