MerPeople, Mermaiding is now a half Billion dollar industry

No Spoilers
Staff member
<p>MerPeople is an upcoming documentary series coming to Netflix that will introduce us Mermaid subculture. Many little girls grew up reading fairy tales and watching media about these half fish creatures. Most of them outgrew it because its only a phase but some of them keeps the fantasy alive until adulthood. These people are so obsessed with mermaids that they decided to become one. There are no biological merpeople in real life but these people lives the lifestyle of being one. The Mermaid fantasy had became a half a billion dollar industry. There are people who loves mermaids so much that they made it into a career. From costume designers, Mermaid swimming school instructors and Aquarium models , People had dedicated their craft to make the fantasy come true. Watch people risk their lives from hypothermia and drowning because of the passion of swimming with a tail.</p>

This is some weird crap and I have a feeling this existed because of the writer's strike. So Netflix resorted to interviewing some weird people with fish fetish because their script writers are on the streets.

Diner Dasher
I'm pretty intrigued! It's fascinating to see how passionate some people are about the idea of mermaids, and I'm excited to learn more about the subculture.I agree that it seems like Netflix timed the release of MerPeople to coincide with the upcoming live-action Little Mermaid movie. I'm not sure if I'll cringe at the people in this documentary or be inspired by them. It's easy to judge something that seems unusual or weird, but at the end of the day, if people are happy and not hurting anyone, who am I to judge? I'm looking forward to watching MerPeople and seeing what I can learn about the mermaid subculture.

I have to admit, when I first heard about MerPeople, I thought it sounded a little silly. But after watching the trailer, I'm definitely intrigued! It's amazing to see how passionate some people are about the mermaid subculture, and how they've turned it into a thriving industry. Reminded me of the Zombie schools in South Korea where people are trained to become zombies in Korean Horror films.

Oh, great, another documentary about people pretending to be mermaids. Because that's exactly what the world needs right now. I mean, who doesn't want to spend their time watching grown adults swimming around with fish tails? It's not like there are more important things happening in the world, right? But hey, I guess if you're into that sort of thing, MerPeople might be the perfect documentary for you. Who knows, maybe it'll inspire you to quit your job and start your own mermaid swimming school. Just what the world needs, more mermaid enthusiasts. LOL what a bunch of dorks.

Um, I just watched the trailer for MerPeople and I have to say, it creeped me out a little. I mean, grown adults obsessing over mermaids to the point of risking hypothermia and drowning? That's a bit extreme, don't you think? I can't wrap my head around why someone would go to such lengths just to live out a fantasy. It's like they're completely detached from reality. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle watching the whole documentary without getting major secondhand embarrassment. But hey, to each their own, right?

conjunction with free-space theory
Mermaids have always been a fascinating concept to me, so I'm excited to see this documentary come to life. It's amazing to see how much of a following this subculture has, and how it's become a lucrative industry for some people. I'm curious to see how the documentary will explore the different aspects of the mermaid lifestyle, from swimming to fashion and everything in between.

Jae

Phew! After watching the trailer for MerPeople, I can't help but feel relieved that I'm not related to any of these people. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own passions and interests, but risking death from drowning just to live out a mermaid fantasy? That's a level of dedication I can't quite wrap my head around. I'll stick to enjoying mermaids in fairy tales and movies, thank you very much. As entertaining as the documentary might be, I'm definitely glad that I don't have any personal connections to the world of mermaid enthusiasts. It's just a bit too out there for my taste!

Why do I like this? Not going to lie I always loved to watch movies with mermaids and hear mermaid stories. This show looks exciting. It's something I think I'd love to see in person.