Okay, so Masked Rider has been around since 1971, and he's gone through a lot of changes. But in the last two Rider series, Den O and Kiva, they've added something new: Mecha. Den O had the Denliner which would transform to fight Giant monsters, and Kiva has a castle that turns into a dragon. Now I just want to here your opinions on this, because I'm not liking it. I've seen a few battles in Den O, and the Denliner VS random giant monster fights seem very dull and straightforward. It's not that I don't like mecha, it's just it doesn't seem like Masked Rider. The series has always focused on the powers of the Rider, and I think that it should stay that way. I'd like to see more use of bikes in the newer series. I love the motorcycle combat scenes in the Masked Rider First/Next movies. So what do you guys think about all this?

Toei just added those mecha in to raise up toy sales most likely. The more shown, the more toys made, thus more money made. It is a bother to me but I tend to get over it quickly.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
This topic reminds me of all the Complainers in 2007 who whined about Den-O.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I thought the Den-o Gigandeath battles were neat! Castle Doran sucks though.

Super Moderator
Okay, so Masked Rider has been around since 1971, and he's gone through a lot of changes. But in the last two Rider series, Den O and Kiva, they've added something new: Mecha. Den O had the Denliner which would transform to fight Giant monsters, and Kiva has a castle that turns into a dragon. Now I just want to here your opinions on this, because I'm not liking it. I've seen a few battles in Den O, and the Denliner VS random giant monster fights seem very dull and straightforward. It's not that I don't like mecha, it's just it doesn't seem like Masked Rider. The series has always focused on the powers of the Rider, and I think that it should stay that way. I'd like to see more use of bikes in the newer series. I love the motorcycle combat scenes in the Masked Rider First/Next movies. So what do you guys think about all this?

I couldn't agree more. Having huge mecha like that in there is an extremely incongruous thing for a Kamen Rider show and is just very blatant, dumb, and obnoxious Bandai gimmickery. I mean, even with something like Auto-Vajin in Faiz you're already pushing it but at least then it's the Rider's bike so you're having it as a function of a very key element in the identity of the Kamen Rider series.

It stinks.
I think that they wanted capitalize on the reasonbly-good toy sales of Super Sentai mechas. I guess they wanted to get in with that trend.......