I haven't liked McFarlane for a long time. The direction they've taken with their products has been continually disappointing for many years now. Their recently revealed Egyptian themed Spawn line has proven to me that there's no end to my disappointment. But suddenly I'm quite surprised and rather exited about one of this new original in-house property. Although no doubt "inspired" by the Zodiac property (a super hero themed one) of their former employees, The Four Horsemen, McFarlane has [very] surprisingly taken the theme in a possibly better direction.

Here are some preview images of Cancer and Aries:

And a preview of an updated Cancer alongside another unidentified zodiac creature:

I still have very low expectations though and what I've seen so far is no doubt a fluke. But what I like most about what I see here is that these guys could pass as Toku kaijin. So I'm hoping the fluke will extend to the rest of the line.

With that, the figures won't come out until next year but here's the expected release schedule:

Series 1 (due in stores May 2008): Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer.

Series 2 (due in stores August 2008): Leo, Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio.

Series 3 (due in stores October 2008): Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.

The Zodiac

The belief that the stars have an ability to influence our lives is an old one. It is also one that has become increasingly popular in the last several years. Click here

Eye See You
Looks sick.

I found some amazing McFarlane DRAGON toys the other day. I'd fully buy all of them because they are so damn cool.

Im not straight but my boyfriend is
I liked his twisted fairytales line. Little red riding hood was hot. So was Gretal. I'd do them. And don't even get me started on Dorothy from the wizard of Oz!

Hmm spam bump? Anyway...

There's a movie based on those Twisted Land of Oz figures in the works. Though I believe it's going to end up different from what was seen in the figure line (no Bondage Dorothy - maybe, you never know though).

As far as these, I might still like to get Cancer but the rest are crap. The next series might have some potential. You'll probably like Virgo Faded.

http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=569

mcf toys I've decided are pretty well cra* and not worth buying unless they start adding articulation to them like the halo figures :S

I don't even buy dragons anymore

mcf toys I've decided are pretty well cra* and not worth buying unless they start adding articulation to them like the halo figures :S

I don't even buy dragons anymore
Yeah they've been crap for years. There was a time when they were actually inventing new forms of articulation but that all just stopped. And after that there was a time when one could say at least they've got great sculpted toys, but that can't be said too often anymore.

Hopefully they will learn from the success of the Halo figures and go back to articulation...cause they really can't call their products "Ultra Action Figures" if they are completely lacking the action...something people have been arguing for years.:disappoin