McDonald's withdraws Happy Meal Power Rangers Samurai toy that 'insults Muhammad'

It's so easy when you're evil
question? what does Muhammad look like?.

south-park-censored_320.jpg

boogie woogie feng shui
I don't know, I've heard of American parents with more Fundamentalist leanings becoming outraged at depictions of things that "somewhat resemble" inverted crucifixes, pentagrams and the number 6 in tertiary succession. What's most offensive here is attributing this kind of unnecessary reaction to Muslims alone.

In Justice, We Trust!
I feel obligated to post this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo"]Children - YouTube[/ame]

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I don't know, I've heard of American parents with more Fundamentalist leanings becoming outraged at depictions of things that "somewhat resemble" inverted crucifixes, pentagrams and the number 6 in tertiary succession. What's most offensive here is attributing this kind of unnecessary reaction to Muslims alone.

This.

All religions have people who go to far to prove a point. As a Muslim, I don't really agree with this action. I can't really tell from the picture if its a name or a doodle of the dragon origami. But, if it is the name Muhammad, there is nothing that indicates that it is referring to our Prophet. Muhammad is one of the most used if not the most used name on the planet. Naming a fictional character Muhammad is, as far as I can tell, not a sin or a sign of blasphemy. I could be wrong, but the way I see it, its only offensive if they are specifically referring to our Prophet, like in that South Park bit. This I feel is just a few people jumping the gun and wanting someone to blame.

And like Bolt stated, it happens in other religions, not just Islam. We get a bad rep for a lot of things, this may not add to improving it, but it shouldnt paint the whole religion as silly. :/

I don't have low self esteem.
The toy in question..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iafo5pmvB_0"]PowerRangers Samurai McDonalds Toy Figure Review Exclusive Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

He doesn't appear to be stomping on these circles, just kicking at nothing.

And I'm also sure these are terrible doodles of a dragon. McDonald's toys are not fantastic y'know, and I'm sure Power Rangers would never promote hate towards another religion.

Shyni
All religions have people who go to far to prove a point. As a Muslim, I don't really agree with this action. I can't really tell from the picture if its a name or a doodle of the dragon origami. But, if it is the name Muhammad, there is nothing that indicates that it is referring to our Prophet. Muhammad is one of the most used if not the most used name on the planet. Naming a fictional character Muhammad is, as far as I can tell, not a sin or a sign of blasphemy. I could be wrong, but the way I see it, its only offensive if they are specifically referring to our Prophet, like in that South Park bit. This I feel is just a few people jumping the gun and wanting someone to blame.

Well, even if it's not really clear what the symbol is, there's no way it could conceivably be "Muhammad" written in Arabic. I mean, the most likely thing is just a doodle of a dragon, as that's the "animal" the blue Samurai ranger is associated with.

And like Bolt stated, it happens in other religions, not just Islam. We get a bad rep for a lot of things, this may not add to improving it, but it shouldnt paint the whole religion as silly. :/
Yeah, I get what you mean.

And I'm also sure these are terrible doodles of a dragon. McDonald's toys are not fantastic y'know, and I'm sure Power Rangers would never promote hate towards another religion.
Yeah, Power Rangers promoting hate towards a religion doesn't sound at all likely.

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, Power Rangers promoting hate towards a religion doesn't sound at all likely.

Obviously it wouldn't be "the Power Rangers" that are responsible but the toy manufacturer...