So anybody who's into the channel awesome / tgwtg group of internet reviewers will probably be at least a little aware of Kaylyn Dicksion, better known as MarzGurl, a reviewer of all things animated from the works of Don Bluth through to anime. She's now started a new project called 'Seeing Sentai'. The format is fairly simple - she's going to watch one episode of Super Sentai per day, write a review of that episode on her tumblr page (located here) and then at the end of each week she's going to record a vlog about the 7 episodes she has watched that week.

Apparently she's the type of person who feels like they have to start from the beginning when the get into a franchise, so she's started with the first 7 episodes of Goranger. The first video is quite long (26 mins) as she's explaining the project and giving some background to the franchise before she talks about the actual episodes, and it's a vlog rather than a review so don't expect much editing or polish. She is hoping to cut it down to more succinct episodes for future installments though.

Anyway it's another prominent person on the internet promoting the genre we love, which can only be a good thing. If it sounds interesting to you then check it out:

[video=youtube;zTgraFUdMRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgraFUdMRk[/video]

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, I'll watch that. I saw some of her Don Bluth videos & I've been interested in seeing if the older Sentai are worth it. I know I haven't really enjoyed much of the newer ones I've tried to watch.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
1 episode a day? Starting from Gorenger? How long is it gonna take her to catch up?!

Edit: at an average 50 episode in a sentai year, for 40 years, she would need to watch 1 episode a day for 5 years to reach Ninninger, which means five more seasons of Sentai passing so...to catch up she'll need 6 years of continuous watching!!

Last edited:
I think this is awesome! I almost want to say that maybe her appreciation for Toku has changed after working on the Farewell FamiKamen Rider special, but then again, maybe her interest has always been there. :)

1 episode a day? Starting from Gorenger? How long is it gonna take her to catch up?!

Edit: at an average 50 episode in a sentai year, for 40 years, she would need to watch 1 episode a day for 5 years to reach Ninninger, which means five more seasons of Sentai passing so...to catch up she'll need 6 years of continuous watching!!

Hope your calculations included the fact there are not subs (fan or official) for every Super Sentai out there. And you can argue that she isn't going to let subs stop her from watching every Sentai, but the fact that this came out not long after Rampage Subs gave us a huge batch of GoRanger episodes, it just seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I think this is awesome! I almost want to say that maybe her appreciation for Toku has changed after working on the Farewell FamiKamen Rider special, but then again, maybe her interest has always been there. :)

Hope your calculations included the fact there are not subs (fan or official) for every Super Sentai out there. And you can argue that she isn't going to let subs stop her from watching every Sentai, but the fact that this came out not long after Rampage Subs gave us a huge batch of GoRanger episodes, it just seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

I admit I did not take subs into account.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
If I can chime in, I seem to remember from the Channel Awesome movies that she actually knows Japanese. Subs may not be all that much of an issue for her, depending on her fluency.

If I can chime in, I seem to remember from the Channel Awesome movies that she actually knows Japanese. Subs may not be all that much of an issue for her, depending on her fluency.

And I admit, I forgot this as well. She did sing the FamiKamen Rider theme song, after all. Wasn't sure if she wrote it or not, but I guess she did.

I guess only time will tell if she really is going to rely on fansubs or not.

Otaku University Student
She did a pretty good Power Rangers versus Super Sentai video series a number of years back as well.

[video=youtube;865TfRshjLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=865TfRshjLM[/video]

So episode 2 is out and pretty much answers the question of whether she'll only be doing subbed episodes or the whole shebang. She also acknowledges that this is going to take her years to complete but hopes it will kick-start her video output again after everything went on hold to get 'Saraba FamiKaman Rider' finished.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I guess this makes my reviews obsolete, I wonder what would happen if MG went here.:laugh: