Marvel's X-MEN Supports Gay Marriage on ABC's "The View"

Lurker
Huh? Where and when? I don't remember her stating her sexual orientation. She had romantic relationships with Iron Lad and Vision (Young Avengers version).
Wait. Brain fart :shakefist

Totally thinking about Runaways and Karolina.

Chief HJU News Editor
I heard that DC was going to have a popular character come out in a June issue. Is that what people are referencing?

Current big rumours is that it's Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern. Which is odd because in the non-52 universe he had a gay son. Guess it is caused by the parents.

wanna hear a joke?
Yeah. Hulkling and Wiccan were made public in issue 12 of Young Avengers back in 2006

Hulkling and Wiccan's relationship was basically there from the very beginning, and it had been specifically acknowledged in dialogue long before issue 12.

Wiccan's original codename was The Asgardian, and Kate Bishop suggested that he change that name, since people would be making jokes about that, given his relationship with Hulkling. That was in issue 6. :anime:

Raxbait: Hip
Speaking of Wiccan, he has my favorite Marvel outfit :3
Always liked him, gay or not gay.

Ugh, this whole thing with Alan Scott in the new 52 just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As both a comic book writer and a gay man, I have serious reservations about this. For one, the character has never even hinted at being gay, theres never been any other emotion for him except straight. He's been married with at least 2 kids for chrissake.

I dont have a problem with a comic book character being gay, but to do it so nonchalantly, especially an already WELL established character with his own intricate backstory, that just REEKS of haphazardness and trying to jump ont he bandwagon.

There are HUNDREDS of characters that DC could have made gay, but shoehorning this stupid story into an older, outdated character just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Though I do enjoy the humor that his main weakness is wood. I gotta admit thats funny.