Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Spring 2011)

unmei

http://teamspooky.com/content/?p=299

...um...doesn't Activision still have licensing rights to Marvel? Perhaps, Disney.

*shrugs*
Not really, they have the licenses for certain game IPs featuring the marvel universe (such as Ultimate Alliance, the Spider-Man games), but not all marvel games. For example, if you look at Iron Man 2, or The Incredible Hulk, Activision has nothing at all do do with them, they were entirely an in house Sega project.

Capcom would have no issues licensing wise making a new MvC game so long as it's cleared w/ Disney

Skiks

And I finally have a reason to get another console aside from the wii if MvsC 3 is not for the wii.

And I finally have a reason to get another console aside from the wii if MvsC 3 is not for the wii.
Odd's are they gonna blitz all available platforms to maximize profits.
Handhelds most likely aswell.

But don't quote me on that, for all we know it might a be Wii Exclusive for something (witch would suck for me since all i have is a PS3 and i refuse to buy a wii).

unmei

Odd's are they gonna blitz all available platforms to maximize profits.
Handhelds most likely aswell.

But don't quote me on that, for all we know it might a be Wii Exclusive for something (witch would suck for me since all i have is a PS3 and i refuse to buy a wii).
I doubt they'd be hitting handhelds with this. They're just not responsive enough to justify too many fighting games (Tekken is alright since there's less precise stick movement, but previous street fighter ports have been horrible)

I also don't see this as being a Wii exclusive. TvC was an experiment, and while it was successful in showing that the Wii could support a fighter, there's not enough money for what would be a huge title to keep it to the Wii.

Well, i think the Core consoles are a given.
PC Likely (what with the rise of the PC Fighting scene lately thanks to SFIV)
Wii Maybe.
Handhelds unlikely but it could happen..
Arcades............i can dream.

Lynxara

Nice post!!
Yeah, but the TvC engine is designed to run on a Wii-specific framework. Even the arcade version of TvC is basically running on the equivalent of Wii hardware.

If Capcom wants this to be multiplatform, the high-def SFIV engine feels like a better place to start.

I wonder if they will keep the so-called "Dumbed Down" 4 attack-button/2 assist-button scheme or go for the traditional 6 attack-button scheme and make summoning assists some button combo (assuming they change or don't dump assist's all together).

Ragna "D" BloodEdge

By the Power of Gaia!!!
I'm kinda hoping for 6 myself.

What I'd really like are updated looks for whatever Marvel characters might be in here if this proves legit.

FreedomR8G6B1

If this is real, I hope we get a better final boss than Abyss. He was too easy!
And cheap.
Yet it is possible to kick his butt by these guys only...

...if anything...have Shin Akuma be the boss...give him Misogi,Kongou Kokuretsu Zan, and the Air Shungokusatsu...

...then again, that would be borderline SNK Boss Syndrome already:laugh:

Well who ever they put in i hope they balance the characters properly.
I'm sure we don't want another Four Gods situation.
Hyper Viper Beam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone in MVC...and maybe SNK, Namco, and Tatsunoko if Nathaniel Summers has his way.:sly:

Seems like everyone is counting on something in vein of SF4 graphics. Can you imagine some of those Marvel characters having those exaggerated expressions!? (ie. The opponent's reaction from Hakan's Ultra in SSF4)

Mastodon