Marvel & DC Toys - Discussion Thread

keithjustice

Administrator
Staff member
Kiiinda digging on the Secret Avengers and I think I wanna assemble the team. Commander Steve Rogers and War Machine first.

Which War Machine is like... in scale with Figuarts?

Commander Steve Rogers will have to wait until he comes out, I guess:

Wish he came with an Enegy Shield tho..

There is a 6-inch war machine right? I saw one recently, it was in a "best of" line or something.

Also, the DC Direct props... Anyone got them? The Batman utility belt is so tempting

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
Which War Machine is like... in scale with Figuarts?
The Six Inch War Machine is around the same height as Ultimate Kuuga, the 6 inch War Machine is a fantastic figure though.

I don't have much in terms of marvel myself, just the six inch War Machine and a couple of 3.75 Inch Iron Man 2 figures...

Although, the Arkham Asylum Figures look really, freaking good...really tempted by them:

Judge Faiz

I am the law
I had a ton of Marvel Legends when Toy Biz was making them. While super articulated, a LOT of my figures joins where super loose so posing them was a pain in the ass. They seemed to stick to the mainline characters which could get annoying at times.

Recently I've been picking up the DC Universe Classics (DCUC) and I feel they're actually better figures than the Marvel Legends, and while there are still multiple Batman & Superman figs in the series, there are also a ton more B & C list characters as well.

As for the Marvel Universe, I've only picked up a few. While they have the articulation that their bigger brothers have, I think the figures are just too small for alot of the joints to work properly.

dchoc

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
Those are some hot Ironman toys. Didn't know they were selling Tony's race jacket from IM2 either.

Annnd the price is as expected. lol

RiderXero

AKA XeroTheHero
When IM2 hit theaters and even after, they had 6 inch Walmart exclusive figures. You might still be able to find them, I see them on occasion at the various Walmart's I visit. They look pretty nice.

DC figures however are pretty nice and in my opinion, far better than the current Marvel figures. At least the ones you can get at mass retailers. Marvel Legends figures are still pretty nice but I don't collect them very often. I mostly stick to DC stuff just because I'm a huge Green Lantern fan.

The DC Direct Blackest Night figures are awesome. They aren't articulated like the DCU figures, but they look a lot nicer. I have quite a few those and I'm looking to complete the entire line. Pretty badass stuff in that line.

RiderXero

AKA XeroTheHero
Also, if you are a Thor fan at all, I'm sure there will be a ton of figures hitting stores soon for the movie. Same thing with Captain America actually. Some of the smaller figures have started to show up at my local Walmart, so I'm sure others have more by now.

I actually picked up the Nerf Thor Hammer. Pretty sweet for 10 bucks :D

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
Also, if you are a Thor fan at all, I'm sure there will be a ton of figures hitting stores soon for the movie. Same thing with Captain America actually. Some of the smaller figures have started to show up at my local Walmart, so I'm sure others have more by now.

I actually picked up the Nerf Thor Hammer. Pretty sweet for 10 bucks :D
I really wouldn't rush into buying these Thor toys quite yet...if Wolverine Origins and GI JOE Rise of Cobra were indication...these guy will probably go on dirt cheap clearance once the movie hype dies down.

ultrasoul

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
That 6" movie War Machine should be a mandatory purchase for anyone even remotely interested in Marvel, even at TRU's exorbitant price of $17.99 - $19.99.

Personally, I prefer the 3.75" figures, even though their hips are pretty ridiculously engineered. Their movie figures are better, but still fall short compared to other Hasbro toy lines. But they just keep making characters that I want (even though they STILL won't give me my goddamn Ultimates team) and there's a LOT more of those than DC has to offer for me.

As for DC, I don't really favor Mattel's DCUC or DC Direct's figures either way, it's kind of just whoever makes that figure first to me. Though I'm gonna end up double-dipping on some of Mattel's Blackest Night figures, as well as Green Lantern Classics (two Monguls, two Arkillos, etc.) But hey, I'll finally be able to get a Black Lantern Hal for less than $40!

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
That 6" movie War Machine should be a mandatory purchase for anyone even remotely interested in Marvel, even at TRU's exorbitant price of $17.99 - $19.99.
I agree with this totally. I was fortunate enough to find the IM2 Wal Mart exclusive version, and the toy is easily worth the 15-16 bucks I paid for it....easily the best 15$ i've spent on a toy ever.

keithjustice

Administrator
Staff member
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Exclusive-Action-Figure-Machine/dp/B003IQG0PM/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1300421720&sr=1-1]OUCH![/ame] Soooo.. basically, I just won't be getting one, huh?