Marvel / DC Crossover Comics To Be Reprinted

Administrator
<p>Back in the 1990s when the speculator bubble burst and comics sales were sagging, Marvel and DC came up with the idea to go 50/50 on a massive, inter-company-wide crossover event that would see the two rival universes merge for the first time. The Amalgam Age was the result, showing off a blending of heroes like Dark Claw (Batman and Wolverine), Super Soldier (Superman and Captain America) and Iron Lantern (it’s obvious).</p>

Marvel/DC crossovers should happen about once a year. In 1997, for example, an amalgam special starring characters meeting and embarking on adventures was released. I remember being ecstatic when Silver Surfer destroyed Green Lantern in Marvel vs. DC. But George Perez is a fantastic artist, and nothing beats the Avengers versus the Justice League.

For years, I've been yearning for a fresh DC/Marvel crossover that works in both universes. For a year, choose one character from each side to replace. Do not choose something obvious, such as Spider-Man, Batman, or Superman. Make a hero-villain changeover. All I want to know is how a crossover like this will pan out in the long run. Consider the potential impact of Doctor Doom on DC or Green Lantern's journey into the depths of the Marvel cosmos. The idea of Ben Grimm joining the Doom Patrol is also fascinating. Instead of more restarts or reboots, we need something new.

I dig crossovers. They're normally fantastic. My fondness for them began with the crossover of The Jetsons and The Flintstones. The stories and characters will be regularly developed. A new Marvel/DC universe based on the Amalgam comic series would be fantastic. The pairing of Wolverine and Batman is great, as are the most of the others. It sounds like a terrific film series.

In the Amalgalm Universe, I believe it would be fantastic to combine Kate Kane's Batwoman with Natasha Romanoff's Black Widow. This would result in "The Black Bat: Deadly Spy," which would follow Kate Romanoff, Bruce Wayne's top undercover agent and assassin for SHEILD, as she clashes with Renee Belova, her former lover and ex-partner from Russia, who is a cross between Renee Montoya and Yelena Belova.

Well, I just love me some Amalgam era, y'all. See, my daddy was the one who got me into comics, bless his heart, but he's always been more of a DC fan. So, most of the comic books he had laying around were from them. But with all them TV shows and movies, I couldn't help but get curious 'bout Marvel.

Got me a little peek into that world, and I gotta say, if them boundaries between DC and Marvel weren't so dang sharp, we'd have some real interesting stories on our hands. Marvel vs. DC, Amalgam, and All Access gave us a taste of what could be, and let me tell ya, it was simply enjoyable content, through and through.

I'm just downright excited for what's to come!

I've always appreciated varied characters, teams, universes, and timeframes. So, as a teenager, the Amalgam Universe was right up my alley. Of course, my favorites were Wolverine and Batman, as they were the two most popular characters at the time. For this reason, Darkclaw was my favorite Amalgam character. Several characters, notably Darkclaw, were paired in ways that did not make much sense. However, yes! I want to see another DC/Marvel crossover in the near future!As someone who hinted at the JLA/Avengers crossover and the initial printing of the Amalgam Universe comics, I'm glad more people are noticing these crossovers. Many Amalgam stories were excellent.

Man, I remember my uncle hooking me up with a copy of "Superman vs the Amazing Spider-Man" when I was barely eight. Then, when I hit 12, I managed to snag "Superman and Spider-Man" and "Batman vs. the Incredible Hulk" with whatever spare change I had. And let me tell you, once X-Men/Titans hit the shelves, I was all in, collecting like there was no tomorrow.

It was kinda weird, though, thinking back on it. Years later, when they bundled those four comics together, I was all over that trade. But then, tragedy struck when I loaned it to a buddy and his house went up in flames. I still remember the blues in the second Superman/Spider-Man deal looking more like gray. Hope they fixed that mess.

I had about half of those '90s team-ups, skipped out on most of the Batman ones, but borrowed my old man's copies here and there. Although, I did manage to snag Batman/Captain America for myself. Plus, I was all over the JLA vs Marvel series and those two Access joints. And when it came to the Amalgams, I probably grabbed a good third to half of 'em.

You better believe I'll be first in line for that first issue, no doubt about it.