Comics Marvel characters that might have beaten the Incredible Hulk

We all have fights we wish we could see, but they never unfolded. One fight that I would have loved to see would have been Magneto against the green Hulk. Magneto is incredibly powerful (who can lift the entire Golden Gate, after all?). Who do you think would win this one? If the Hulk had sheer luck, he might win, but brawn and brains is in Magneto's favor.
Although this actually happened in a comic once, I would like to see a better fight/story line for the Hulk and Venom. Venom is only a little over 10% of the green Hulk's strength, but he's cunning and devious. He might not pull it off in a direct fight, but he's fast and clever.
The Silver Surfer has out-of-this-world cosmic powers. He is quite powerful and alien. I think that he could give the Hulk a run for his money. The Hulk has a thick hide and resists conventional powers and weaponry thrown at him, but the Silver Surfer is not conventional.
What do you think of these fights? Who else in the Marvel Universe might take down "The Earth's mightiest mortal"?

I honestly don't know if there is anyone that can beat The Hulk in a straight up fight. I would think one of the Inhumans (maybe Black Bolt) would have a chance at beating him. In Avengers 2 it seems like Ultron beats The Hulk by striking fear into him, so I guess that's one way. I think Thor would get pretty close as well. He would actually beat him if he was a more skilled fighter. Possibly one of the other Hulks would get pretty close as well.

I honestly don't know if there is anyone that can beat The Hulk in a straight up fight. I would think one of the Inhumans (maybe Black Bolt) would have a chance at beating him. In Avengers 2 it seems like Ultron beats The Hulk by striking fear into him, so I guess that's one way. I think Thor would get pretty close as well. He would actually beat him if he was a more skilled fighter. Possibly one of the other Hulks would get pretty close as well.

The Hulk was actually afraid? Wow. That makes me want to see that movie any more so now. In "Secret Wars" the Hulk damaged Ultron, but he also messed up the Hulk's leg with a blast. Thor has been more or less beaten by the Hulk in every fight I have read or seen on TV. The scrap on the "Avengers" was too short-lived. The "Maestro" was the only Hulk stronger than the original green guy, but as they are one and the same, I don't think there will be a fight there.

Yup! The Hulk is truly "the strongest there is" and the only way to beat him is to get inside his head and beat him mentally. I really loved the Hulk vs Thor fight in the Ultimate Avengers animated movie. Hulk vs Wolverine was a good fight as well, even though it was obvious that they would work together in the end.

I have found fights between Wolverine and the Hulk to be silly, no matter that their origins are. For years Wolverine's claws could not penetrate Hulk's hide. Then when the grey Hulk came along, he could cut him. Fine, it was a weaker Hulk, I will buy that. But in all the later fights, when Hulk is green, suddenly he can be cut again. I suppose this makes it a more even match. I still don't think that there would be much of a challenge, as Wolverine only has the strength and agility of someone who works out often.

It all depends on where the fight occurs. In any Urban area I give Magneto the advantage because of all the metal in the environment. Anywhere else though I think the Hulk Smashes.

I also enjoyed the "Hulk vs. Thor" as it showed that even gods really stood no chance of defeating the almost limitless power of the Hulk. In the scene where he is whisked away before he can smash Odin, I was pretty disappointed by it. I wonder if Odin is powerful enough to shut the Hulk down? The women god of the underworld (forgot her name) couldn't beat the Hulk, but could Odin? I know the Hulk wasn't afraid to threaten Galactus, but at what point is the Hulk even outclassed?

This is an excellent question though I can't say who I think could beat the Hulk. I am sure someone can. Does it count if you include a couple characters gaining up against him? Of do you simply mean one on one?

I don't care if you want to include an entire team. The Hulk has beaten entire teams in the past. He has beaten the Fantastic Four more than once. He would have been beaten the Avengers after they removed Banner, but additional people like Hercules and Wonder Man came in. It took more than a dozen of them to knock him out.

There are many Marvel series where the Hulk has been defeated. Just in the past month I have read comics where he has been defeated by Wolverine and Deadpool. The Hulk may be super strong but his weakness is that he isn't very smart. Characters who can use their brains tend to get the upper hand on him.