Mario Kart 8 Review

James Gough submitted a new blog post:

Mario Kart 8 Review

Mario Kart 8 Review

The Wii U has been on shelves for eighteen months now and it’s not exactly a secret that the Nintendo console is struggling to sell or compete with the PS4 and Xbox One. If there’s one sure-fire way to save the Wii U, it’s the first party Nintendo exclusives, the latest of which is Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart 8 takes Nintendo’s favourite carting series forward into the world of HD graphics. As the first home console Mario...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Am I deficient in childlike joy if I'm unimpressed with this game? I tried it, and it seems very small and last gen to me. My expectations from the screenshots and preview videos were so very much not met.

Am I deficient in childlike joy if I'm unimpressed with this game? I tried it, and it seems very small and last gen to me. My expectations from the screenshots and preview videos were so very much not met.

Did you enjoy previous Mario Karts?

Admittedly, part of the joy of Mario Kart 8 is that there's finally a reason to turn the Wii U back on again. I enjoyed it, it doesn't really do anything new but it's still pretty enjoyable.