Maybe this is just because i am a man, but i have the feeling that there is kind of huge difference in the way male and female heores are present on the skins of the website.

Male heroes appear in fighting or heroic stances most of times,while women generally appear in "sexy stances". Well there are actually some images of women in fighting stance, but most of pictures are about seduction.

That doesnt shock me but i found interesting to point this out.

No Fear, No Pain.
Jack Harkness is on one of those banners, of course that counts for everyone...and everything. We also have one of a bunch of sexy ass guys in black suits. As far as I can tell it evens itself out pretty well. But hey, nobody has complained yet. At least not openly. Let's hope this doesn't become a flame war and actually turns into a nice conversation on the depictions of male and female heroes not only on the board but within heroic fiction in general. I would put up my feelings on the subject, but I just got off work and need relaxation time. Ziggy tired and is thus not in a scholarly mood. I'm almost positive I just created a new word.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
The dude to the left of Jack on that banner is pretty buff too ...

Now Demonic
I don't even see the banner because I have a layout of the site that doesn't use it.