Kabuto of Kamen Rider Lineage
Hey guys, and I was wondering,... do you think they would look good enough if they are made out of...wood?

We will of course paint and gloss them to a good shine after they are completed, but it's only because I have no other idea on what else to make them out of...

And as of which Riders I'm doing, all I can tell you right now is Kabuto and Zabee.

These are of course for the Movie/series I'm making.

But I'd love to get some info from you guys, and if you help me a lot, I can put your name in the credits of the series! ^__^

Thanks,
Blaze

Wish I could help you out, I've got the Psyga helmet, but danged if I know what it's made out of.

boogie woogie feng shui
You can make pretty much anything out of wood but gooooooooood luck trying to fight or move around comfortably at all in something like that. Your best bet would be foam rubber, it shaves/molds easily and can be safely painted and it's lightweight and flexible.

Where could I get this rubber foam? Sounds good... is the guy in this video using rubber foam?http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3itTKAD0P8

I'd also like to ask you guys what the best way to get refrence material is... should I just infest in the big action figures? Or does anyone have/know where some really good big pictures of Kabuto and Zabee are?

Again I thank you guys for you help,
Blaze

NO! Don't use wood. Or rubber.

Use plastic. You'll need to find a kit that can help you shape parts and make molds. Once you've made th outside of the suit, you can put whatever you want inside of it. Rubber will make you sweat alot. And wood just won't work.

Oh, I advise you to not wear it in public.

Banned
There was a website that someone posted a few months back where it was practically a tutorial on how to make a Kamen Rider Blade suit. Of course while you want to make a Kabuto site, I think the info there would help you. However, you'll have to do a search on your own to find that post.

Kenzan
cool, we are using fiberglass and lots of resin, then putting clips in the back to bolt on to the leather were using, kinda liked the Henshins on Youtube espicaly the amature ones, and if you want i can take pics of our ones were making for the con and for our Movie

cool, we are using fiberglass and lots of resin, then putting clips in the back to bolt on to the leather were using, kinda liked the Henshins on Youtube espicaly the amature ones, and if you want i can take pics of our ones were making for the con and for our Movie

I would LOVE for some pictures! I'd love to use all this resin and fiberglass, but I have no idea where to get it,...or how to use it... so if anyone can think of a website or something that could teach me how to make the suit's, I'd be really happy! ^__^

And does anyone know a good video editing software? Because if were doing Kabuto, it's going to need a lot (just for the henshin's alone). So that would be greatly appreciated to.

And everyone's that's helped in this thread is going in the credits XD

Thanks again for all the help,
Blaze

Mad Skillz
Windows Movie maker.
Which would be like trying to build a building with tinker tools. Adobe Premiere is probably the only thing that would work, it's what most of the professionals use, but that's just for video editing and some minor FX, no idea what major FX can be made with.

Last edited: