K

kamil88

tumblr_nwhyzqTf9d1qcu6mno1_1280.jpg

Asahina Mirai, a soon-to-be student in junior high, witnesses an object fall from the sky one night during spring break. Excitedly exclaiming that it could be a witch, Mirai sets off the next morning with her beloved toy teddy bear Mofulun to search the park. At the park, Mirai witnesses a girl soaring through the air on a broom. Excited and curious, Mirai barrages the girl with questions. The young witch introduces herself as Rico and explains that she's come to the "No Magic" World to search for certain objects. The two girls notice that they're wearing similar pendants. Meanwhile, Batty, a companion of Dokuroxy the Witch of Darkness, appears in front of Mirai and Rico! Batty demands that Rico hand over the "Linkle Stone Emerald", which Rico herself had been looking for. To make things worse, Batty uses dark magic to create a monster known as a Yokubaru! Mirai, Rico, and Mofulun join hands. With the magic words "Cure Up Rapapa!", their pendants shines a magical light over them! The legendary witches "Pretty Cure" are born!

While 1st episode was not as great as Princess Precure, it was still fun to watch, both Mirai and Riko are fun and interesting characters, Batty (voiced by Urataros) have cool design, but, instaead of attack girls, while their hold to broom, he just stood there and laugh like an idiot. And that train at the end, where is Platform 9 3/4? :) From what i understand, Toei is going for classic magical girl show, as it is also 50th anniversary of Mahou Tsukai Sally, and i can see that, but luckly, after girls transform, they used physical combat, rather than spell (It was also interesting, they transformed, and jump straight into action, heck, even untransformed, Riko could barely control broom, yet when Mirai was close, she fly like expert) Overall, i give it B, and will continue to watch it for at least 15 more episodes. I only hope we won't have obligatory episode, where girls somehow get seperated, because it require both of tchem to hold hands (and teddy bear) to transform.

With fansubs group you follow? I think either Imagination Station or Doremi Fansubs

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurker
if Wizardo Kamen doesn't appear on the show to occasionally throw Donuts at the confused enemies then i'd be really disappointed

K

kamil88

Doremi Fansubs dropped it, recommending Imagination Station :)
Watched 1st episode subbed by Doremi, and..i think they mistranslated this sentence, Imagination Station and Shimakaze subs, Mirai mom said she will wake up Dad, so he can help her in shop, so Mirai can go and look for Magician...Doremi made it, that Mirai mom want to wake up Dad, so he can help Mirai looking for Magic User.

I've only seen GoPuri so this was my first time seeing just a duo of PreCures just to start with. I thought it was alright. As long as it turns out better than Kamen Rider Wizard I'll be happy. The big attraction for me was discovering Urutaros' voice actor was in it.

Lurker
I've only seen GoPuri so this was my first time seeing just a duo of PreCures just to start with. I thought it was alright. As long as it turns out better than Kamen Rider Wizard I'll be happy. The big attraction for me was discovering Urutaros' voice actor was in it.
anything is better than Wizard, you'd have to be an even worse trainwreck which is actually quite hard to do...well, Ghost seems to be on it's way to that so far, so i guess it's not that hard after all...

Lurker
No creativity or even connection to the episode. I wish they would try just a little harder.