M3GAN: The Robot That Loves You To Death

Staff member
Here comes another James Wan / Blumhouse production about an evil doll, but it’s not Annabelle this time. This girl was built with more abilities than just sitting there. M3GAN (short for Model 3 Generative Android) is a prototype for an ultra-high-tech line of children’s toys that promise to love them back. And M3GAN’s inventor knows the perfect test subject: her orphaned niece!
The girl and M3GAN become fast friends, but it isn’t long before M3GAN starts getting ideas of her own. Built for one purpose — to protect the girl — M3GAN starts going to extremes to achieve that goal, which of course include murder. Now the creator of M3GAN can’t turn her off…and it may not be long before the doll senses Mom is a threat.
On the surface, M3GAN isn’t breaking any kind of new ground. There are plenty of movies about killer dolls as well as movies about “friends” who get a bit overprotective. However…the writer of this one is Akela Cooper, the same person who came up with...

Continue reading...

She is like a combination of Chuckie and Esther. Androids always creep me out. Why do these scientist wants to make the sentient robots happen.

Two-faced Gedou
When I was a kid I was not close to my sister because her dolls scares me. We became close when she outgrew them and gave them away to my cousins. M3gan is a robot but she reminds me of those American girl dolls my sisters collect.

I find it disturbing that the doll is larger than a typical preteen. The doll's motion is so realistic and natural that it's unsettling to think about how far technology has come. Megan's appearance and voice are both extremely disturbing.

She looks like Elizabeth Olsen, the actress that played Scarlet Witch.

Chucky and Esther's love child. They seem to blend together in her.
I know this is going to be a fantastic movie. This sounds both ridiculous and unsettling. I can hardly wait! I thought it would be a rip-off of Chucky, but the doll's lifelike human movement and ability to dance have piqued my interest.

The fact of the matter is that Megan is very creepy. Depending on how well the film does, she may become an icon for the horror market. Since the Black phone and Invisible Man were also produced by the same people, I have high hopes for this film.

As a Doll Collector, I hope they will sell M3gan dolls as merch. I want to have one. I already have a Chucky Doll, a Raggedy Anne (The real like Annabell doll is a Raggedy Anne) and this could be a great addition to my collection.

M

Mikelo

Exactly what I've been anticipating, something more realistic than chucky, swift and pretty.