lvp32-08.jpg

Coming soon from Premium Bandai...
This week (really): The Go-Buster's binoculars must be really fearsome, I'm honestly surprised that Noel didn't issue his challenge by slapping Keiichiro with his glove, having issued the challenge because he believes Keiichiro will not be convinced with words Noel accidentally does convince him with words, and a double team pose.

I'm still not any clearer as to why Keiichiro hates the Lupinrangers. He says in this episode that it's because their focus on the Collection leaves the Ganglers with more time to rampage, but we've only ever seen Ganglers be destroyed within minutes of losing their pieces AND by refusing to co-operate Keiichiro is doing the exact same thing. Come to think of it, what are the Lupinrangers guilty of? Handling stolen items? Property damage? The Patrangers are just as guilty of those things! Gah!

Lurker
If their reason is their own pride to never compromise with criminal, that actually more legit rather than explaining what is their sin. They are doing vigilante and calling themselves thieves, therefore they are criminal. Actually if they throw out accuse like Lupinranger are the one who attract gangler and their fight disturb peace of society, they can become hard headed police character which a bit dumb like in Lupin III itself.

D

Dr Kain

Wow, this was by far the best episode in weeks. And they actually did something with Gauche. I hope this means things are going to pick up from he... and next week is a rangers get turned into children plot. Because we haven't had enough of those over the last two decades.

Back to what I was saying though, I really enjoyed this one. The fight between Patren 1 and Noel was pretty cool and him knowing that there is a bigger purpose to the Lupinrangers will hopefully bring in some interesting aspects.

As for the monster of the week, eh, they totally phoned in that one. :p

I'm still not any clearer as to why Keiichiro hates the Lupinrangers. He says in this episode that it's because their focus on the Collection leaves the Ganglers with more time to rampage, but we've only ever seen Ganglers be destroyed within minutes of losing their pieces AND by refusing to co-operate Keiichiro is doing the exact same thing. Come to think of it, what are the Lupinrangers guilty of? Handling stolen items? Property damage? The Patrangers are just as guilty of those things! Gah!​

To add to this, according to Over-Time's translation, Keiichiro is annoyed because the LupinRangers have been an obstacle in taking down every last Gangler. The thieves don't care about defeating them, just grabbing the Lupin Collection. He asks how many people have suffered because the thieves let a Gangler go.

And honestly, that's a good question. Not just in-show, but for the fans paying attention at home.
Seriously, have ANY Ganglers actually got away? Outside of the one with the large hat and ice powers, I can't think of any.
There might have been a few that the Thieves have not defeated themselves, but the Police usually picked up their slack. Unless the show is implying that the Phantom Thieves have been operating longer than the Police have, which would make sense.

Over all, this was a good episode! It definitely helped explained why Keiichiro has such a personal grudge against the thieves. It's not about bringing them in, it's about protecting the people. He's taken the ideals of justice way more personally than his fellow cops. And he faltered when Noel let it slip that the thieves are fighting to avenge their fallen loved ones. However, the final minutes of the show kind of induced a faceplam moment from me. Because, REALLY Keiichiro?! It took you 30-some episodes to ask why they are collecting the Lupin Collection? You're curious about that NOW?!

Still, can't wait for more episodes! :)

R

raden238

Great episode, I like how the Super combination for this series, is only used sporadically and in dire situations. Which in fact makes sense, given that its a cops and robbers show.