Someday...once more
<opinion piece>

recently i watched the movie "lost in translation" featuring bill murray and scarlett johannsen. the film takes places in japan and is about two different people looking for meaning in their lives, or something like that. overall, the film is pretty darn boring, as far as i am concerned, and is also quite racist.

the japanese are portrayed as if they come from another planet. also portrayed as rude, party animals, and just plain creepy at some points.

i'm sure many people like the film, but i am not one of them. i am not looking for an argument, i just wanted a place where i could finally say what i have just said.

(っ・ω・)っ
I've always been meaning to watch that movie!

二番目の翻訳者
I didn't like it either, actually. I figured Bill Murray + Japan would be a winning combination for me (I owned no less than three copies of it on DVD for a while, given to me by various family members), but the portrayal of the country was so superficial and "tourist-y," it didn't have much to offer me.

I've known some people who have gone to Japan purely on business knowing nothing of the language and culture, though, and they have said it was a pretty accurate portrayal of their experiences there. So it may just be for a different audience.

Banned
To me, the movie is about two Broken Strangers in a foregin land who, with the help of each other, find some meaning in their lives. It also shows how isolated we all can feel when we are surrounded by a unfamiliar culture.

Raxbait: Hip
I still liked the movie lol
Thought it was pretty good, though I payed more attention to Bill and Scarlett than the actual Japanese people.

To me, the movie is about two Broken Strangers in a foregin land who, with the help of each other, find some meaning in their lives. It also shows how isolated we all can feel when we are surrounded by a unfamiliar culture.

I feel like that in America as it is , don't remind me please. 8(