Looking to buy a new TV...need help!

MMPR

Read my smart post
So, i'm looking to buy a small 30+ inch TV for my bedroom. This TV is primarily for Blu-Rays and my 360, I only have basic cable in my room so it's not going to be used for watching TV shows (and to be honest TV in Canada is...meh)

My main concern, despite looking for about an hour, is what refresh rate is best for Blu-Ray players, I am thoroughly confused about whether to choose 120hz or 60hz and what the advantages/disadvantages are. And I assume 1080p is the way to go for Blu-Rays?

Anyways, I will appreciate any help. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

wizard

Lurker
For optimum viewing 120hz is better. A blu-ray disk is 24 frames a second. Thus, a 60hz TV will refresh at 60 frames a second. 60 divided by 24 is 2.5. It does not divide evenly. Whereas 120 / 24 is even with 5. It is a small difference. But, to some people, like my ex-roommate, it bugged him like crazy.

Blu-Rays do have a 1080p picture. For optimum performance, 1080p will be best. But, for some it is hard to see the 1080p quality until the larger screen sizes (32" or 34"+).

Kura

(っ・ω・)っ
Oh I dunno if you knew.. but watch out for the difference between 1080i and 1080p.. 1080i is more like 720p @_@ Just make sure you go with p and not i, kay? :33

Also.. wizard is a wizard. That post was really informative <3

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Plasma > LCD. If it's for movies, plasma is the best route. But if you are doing more gaming then movies then you might want LCD. But overall better picture and colors go to Plasma imo.

Mr. Underachiever

Is not impressed right now...
You more than likely won't be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p at that size. And plasmas don't come that small.

The only real advantage to having a 1080p screen at ~30 inches is if you plan on using it as a computer monitor.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?