Lollipop Chainsaw Getting Unexpected Remake In 2023

Staff member
Approximately ten years ago, a weird little game was released for PS3 and XBox 360 that called itself Lollipop Chainsaw. It was the brainchild of Suda51, the twisted game maker behind the No More Heroes series — but he had help. More on that help in a minute.
The game is about a chainsaw-wielding, lollipop-sucking 18-year-old zombie slayer named Juliet Starling. She comes from a family of zombie slayers and the undead have just invaded her high school. To give one example of this thing’s sense of humor (one of the more clean things we can mention), Juliet has managed to save her boyfriend’s life by detaching his head from his body via a magic spell and wearing it on her hip throughout the adventure. There is a boss battle where someone yells curse words at you, they literally become comic book words and Juliet must somersault over them. Lollipop Chainsaw is….nuts. There was nothing like it at the time, aside from everything else Suda51 has been involved with.
And it seemed destined...

Continue reading...

Fans are demanding a sequel and not a remake... The only thing they can do to make the remake fresh is add new bosses. Fans were yearning for a sequel and remake is what they came up with?

Hey Mickey!
I'm hoping they just meant remaster and were using the phrase remake loosely. I'd really like a PC port. On a PC, it is always possible to mod the licensed music back in. Shadows of the Damned is the only thing remaining. Sequel is indeed better! If they remake this there could be some kind of censorship to occur. If it is indeed a remake, I hope Julie keeps her personality.

Lurker
Knowing how must remakes turn out, I wont be shocked if Juliet will dress like this:
hiefs-cheerleaders-gettyimages-631780986_masterjpg.jpg

Is James Gunn going to return? Will Tara Reid reprise the role of Juliet?

They should add additional Dark Purveyors so the game will be longer. The original game was so short.

変わって欲しくないよ。
I will only buy a remake if there will be new content because we never had a sequel.

I guess they decided to go for a remake to test the waters for a sequel.

I'll eat you..
I still want a prequel where Juliet said she had killed Frankenberries.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original game was 4 hours long. It feels like a waste of money. The remake better be as long as no more heroes 3 at least.