LOL GIF & Pic Picks Thread 2: With 74% more Pics, but 26% less LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Fire Lad often breathes fire by accident, since there's a chance of it happening any time he exhales. If he sneezes? Run.

The "giant turtle" there references Jimmy Olsen's Silver Age monstrous alter ego, the Giant Turtle Man. While never a formal member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes, there is an infamous Silver Age story where LoSH member Colossal Boy dresses up as the Giant Turtle Man so he can, more or less, just screw around with Jimmy's head.

The Silver Age was not kind to Jimmy Olsen :laugh:

I got a 'Showcase presents: Superman Family' and its filled with ridiculous Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane store :laugh: I got plenty where Jimmy got powers but I don't think I got Giant Turtle Man :p

Nice post!!
I really love ridiculous old Jimmy Olsen comics, they're so insane they always entertain.

Lois Lanes are more repetitive and at times a little depressing. Silver Age Lois Lane was a terrible, terrible person.

Resident Precureologist
Color Control was considered a useless power, until Color Queen turned a meteor storm of green kryptonite into blue, which heals Superman.

There was also Night Lass, who was as strong as Superman, but only after dark.

And the worst injustice of all: Polar Boy, a guy who could freeze an active volcano solid was shunted to the substitutes, while Bouncing Boy got in.

also, did you ever see the Jimmy Olsen comic where he met a robotic girl, and the control console for the robot has three settings "Flirt with Jimmy" "Act Cold to Jimmy" and "Speak Viking?"

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I really love ridiculous old Jimmy Olsen comics, they're so insane they always entertain.

Lois Lanes are more repetitive and at times a little depressing. Silver Age Lois Lane was a terrible, terrible person.

:laugh: its true. Lois Lane comics always go around how she wants to marry Superman and all sort of stupid hoaxes they play on each other :laugh:

And she carries fingerprints records of six boys she suspect of being Robin in her purse at all time. :eyebrow:

And the Olsen stories, no matter what, ALWAYS bring about a risk that Clark Kent will be exposed as Superman -.-

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the dialogue is so...descriptive... did the writer just wrote the panels and then mailed the text to the artist who would have to draw from nothing but those dialogue lines??

[hide]
behindthedoll1.jpg
[/hide]

[hide]
picture1k.gif
[/hide]

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
ROI on being a puppeteer in that instance is great!... Not so much if you're Oscar the Grouch... The second one made me laugh... you can't get away with anything anymore, since every one of them has a mobile cam... hehehe ;)

Nice post!!
also, did you ever see the Jimmy Olsen comic where he met a robotic girl, and the control console for the robot has three settings "Flirt with Jimmy" "Act Cold to Jimmy" and "Speak Viking?"

That comic is so awesome.

The super-overwrought dialog is because, at the time, DC editorial thought having the characters explain everything constantly would make it clearer to little kids reading the books. Eh, not really....

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
For those who might not know, "arms fall off" is a reference to the truly delightful Arm-Fall-Off Boy, an honest-to-God canonical member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

You know, now that you mention it, I do remember reading briefly about that guy... I went through a "Silver Age" phase in my comic book reading, but the overly wordy and even more senselessness got to me fairly quickly. :laugh:

The Silver Age was not kind to Jimmy Olsen :laugh:

I got a 'Showcase presents: Superman Family' and its filled with ridiculous Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane store :laugh: I got plenty where Jimmy got powers but I don't think I got Giant Turtle Man :p

Poor Jimmy... I lost track of how many random things he was turned into at various points. :laugh:

Yeah, I didn't like Lois at all after reading a lot of Silver Age stuff. Nowadays I like her a lot better, both before and after she finally figured out about Clark.

Talso, did you ever see the Jimmy Olsen comic where he met a robotic girl, and the control console for the robot has three settings "Flirt with Jimmy" "Act Cold to Jimmy" and "Speak Viking?"

SPEAK VIKING??? :rofl:

The super-overwrought dialog is because, at the time, DC editorial thought having the characters explain everything constantly would make it clearer to little kids reading the books. Eh, not really....

Oh yeah, that worked really well. :p

Anyhoo, my mom found this one the other day and I just about fell over when she showed it to me...

toiletposter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.