Living With Chucky - Horror Documentary Review

<p>The Child’s Play franchise is one of the most enduring and unique franchises within the Horror genre. Over the last 20 years, the likes of Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers have all gotten the documentary treatment, so it’s only fair that Chucky should finally receive the behind the scenes spotlight. What makes Living With Chucky by Kyra Elise Gardner stand out from the rest however, is the perspective of a special effects supervisor’s daughter who got behind the camera to not only deliver footage of the filmmakers discussing their craft, but revealing the emotional bonds forged while bringing a beloved killer doll to life.</p>

They should have added Liv Morgan in this documentary, she volunteered to be murdered by Chucky on screen, That is dedication.

This reminds me of the documentary Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy, It is about the Humble beginnings of Freddie Krueger.

The Rhyme King of Greenville
Yo, I feel you 100% on this article, homie. As a horror movie aficionado, I always thought the Child's Play franchise was one-of-a-kind and still kicking it. Living With Chucky is straight-up dope, giving us a fly peek behind the scenes of these flicks.

I'm talking not just about the nitty-gritty technical details of moviemaking, but also the real talk about the personal relationships that went down while making these joints. The love and respect that grew between the cast and crew is the realest thing, and it warms my heart, fam.

Last edited:
I also appreciated the documentary's attention to detail, such as the stylish photography of the craftspeople at work and the physical media releases being inserted into a VCR or DVD player.

Like a longtime fan of the Child's Play films, I was pleased to see that Living With Chucky provided a new perspective on their creation. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that Living With Chucky is much more than just an expanded special features documentary. Kyra Elise Gardner's personal connection to the special effects supervisor and her willingness to delve into the emotional bonds forged during the filmmaking process added a new dimension to my understanding of these movies. By focusing on the cast and crew's personal relationships and emotional connections, the film goes beyond typical behind-the-scenes fare and offers a truly unique perspective on the horror genre.

It's fascinating to see how a simple concept like a killer doll has endured for over 30 years and spawned multiple sequels and spinoffs. Living With Chucky explores this phenomenon in-depth, revealing the care and attention that goes into crafting each new iteration of the franchise. From the practical special effects to the casting decisions, this documentary peels back the curtain on the making of a horror icon and the people who bring him to life.

Gucci Enthusiast
While I was watching Living With Chucky, it was so sweet to see how much love and attention goes into making these films. Even though the subject matter is super scary, the cast and crew clearly have a deep love for the franchise and for each other. The family-like vibe that has formed over the years is just so heartwarming, and it's obvious that these films mean so much more to them than just a regular job.

Its my Oddyssey
It's strange that Don or any of the cast members have said absolutely nothing about this. That was only mentioned in a chance Facebook post that I saw. This documentary has to find its audience, thus they should advertise it. This is why M3GAN is beating them when it comes to relevancy.

I could try it w/ a walz I could try rock 'n' roll
I can't believe a documentary about a killer doll will make me cry.