Live Action Robotech

Noein

Robotech, an anime that invokes fond memory of my childhood and close to my heart, have been picked up by Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment and Warner Bros for live action adaptation, possibly with Maguire playing the lead role.

More information can be found here

Much like Gundam, this is one of the first anime I can remember that deals with adult themes such as war and love in relatively realistic manner. So it left a big impact on me when I was little. If handled properly, it will make a great live action movie, so I am very excited about this news. What do you think?

PS: hi everyone, first time post on the forum, been keeping up on the blog etc for awhile now though.

Keith Justice

Yo, welcome to the club! How'd you find your way here and/or to the blog?

I'm glad some people read it.. *looks at the rest of the forum* :mad:

So it is real..... huh. I though this would end up being some fake and outlandish rumor.

Noein

I used to read your web comic, and I found your web comic from other web comic... you know how it goes lol.

And who care abour Rick Hunter anyways, all I care about is who going to play Minmay and Roy Focker lol

Last edited:

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Sweetness! I can't wait to see this adaption, should be great if they stick to the basic ideas of the story.

Kenro

When it comes to Macross/Robotech the drama and music are very, very crucial to making this work. I hope WB doesn't blow it.

*salivates* This could be extremely awesome. Or possibly a legendary mistake. Time will tell, but I'm putting a few dollars on this one coming with a win.

Keith Justice

I used to read your web comic, and I found your web comic from other web comic... you know how it goes lol.

And who care abour Rick Hunter anyways, all I care about is who going to play Minmay and Roy Focker lol

Unless you're from the future, we've never had a webcomic. :sweat:

Roy's getting a name change I would think for obvious reasons.

Minmay is also going to be a BIT older and hopefully not played by Hilary Duff.

HaiTien78

I just wonder how they are going to make the Veritechs and if they will be giving them new designs and such :O_O:

bakawaltz

For some reason, I think this is all because of Tranformers The Movie. Not really a bad thing, just I hope it does not equal a phail 'cause every live action deserves a win. :thumbs:
Why don't the Japanese take this on?

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts