Lurker
cowboybebop001fg1.jpg

AICN Anime-Hollywood Cowboy Bebop In Development

Anime News Network points out that IF Magazine has learned that producer Erwin Stoff is developing an adaptation of one of America's favorite anime series.... Cowboy Bebop.

“I’m developing COWBOY BEBOP for Fox, but doing it as a live-action film, so I’m working on that at the moment,†Stoff tells iF. “I’m really excited to be working on it, and it’s in the really early stages. We just signed it the other day.â€

“I have such an enormous admiration for its creators, that our first and foremost concern is going to be a real degree of faithfulness to the tone of the movie, to the mix of genres, and so on and so forth,†he says. “When I met with them in Japan, one of the first things that I brought up was the experience that we had on A SCANNER DARKLY, and how hard we worked to remain faithful to Philip K. Dick, and that was our big concern here.â€

The 26 episode Sunrise tv series and BONES movie followed a hard luck cadre of bounty hunters in the waning days of wild west period of solar system wide colonization: haunted but slick ex-gangster Spike Spiegel, grizzled veteran ex-cop Jet Black, gambler/femme fatale Faye Valentine, incorrigible hacker Ed, and data dog Ein.

Combining artful homages to Western media, inventive direction from Shinichiro Watanabe and eclectic music from Yoko Kanno, Cowboy Bebop won over many fans when it was released on DVD by Bandai Entertainment and aired on Adult Swim.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
I KNEW THIS WAS NEXT.

LOL

How bout a Live Action Outlaw Star next...

I can't think of any anime that would make a better Hollywood movie.

Lurker
Yeah I'd like to see a Guyver toku series for sure. I'm really surprised it hasn't been done already.

Edit:

oh and yeah, hopefully cowboy bebop will be halfway decent.

It's Judgement Time!
I
How bout a Live Action Outlaw Star next...

Just got done re-watching the entire series. Got to see the elusive Hot Springs episode I never saw before, too. Purr. Good stuff. I love outlaw star.

Live ACtion cowboy bebop? It could definitely work. If it has the right writer and director.

Live Action Cowboy Bebop?

It... Could work. With the right director, the right people to write the script, the right special effects, and of course, the right cast.

Hopefully, this will rock.