doh... I should've been more clear as to why I asked for a list. I wanted to watch series with ranger deaths because of the obvious extra drama and emotions that would be in the story at that moment.

It's why I included Hurri and Aba because they die in the series (T__T), but yeah they come back later on in specials (^__^!! then T__T again) :laugh:

I was hoping to avoid the "they don't really die" type of discussions, that's why I originally asked for just a list of series names and no details :p

Anyway, time to hunt down more Zyu and Timeranger eps to watch!!

Would like to change his avatar
Actually they do fit and are considered canon. Most Kamen Rider movies are considered non-canon, a all of the old generation movies, the Kuuga Remake movie, and the Project G4 movie are all canon.

I guess it's debatable. I personally don't count them. And while Project G4 isn't an alternative-reality, it (along with the special Aratanaru Henshin) does have inconsistencies which prevents it from really being able to fit within the series (things such as Ryou still having side-effects of transforming although it's after he has Exceed Gills or Houjou overhearing Shouichi tell Kunieda that he's Agito). I find the sentai team-up movies to be like that (the Kakuranger giving up their Doron Changer/powers to seal Daimaou then returning for team-ups, the Ohranger being in the future yet appearing in modern team-ups, and so on).

The versus movies are supposed to be a fun little independent farewell to the shows. They'll try to write in something to justify the older team being there, but I really don't think the events are supposed to be counted along with either series; the book opens when the series begins and closes when its last episode airs -- chapters aren't pasted in when the versus movie is released a few months later. It's like...when Mario Puzo died and other guys started writing follow-ups to The Godfather. That ain't The Godfather, it just doesn't count!

ILA

Ryuuki Gai/Black Condor from Jetman dies.
Jeman is the best sentai ever.
It's more a drama then a sentai really.

Although Shurikanger dose "Die" he dose somehow come back in Huricanger VS Gaoranger(I think, or was it Huricanger VS Abaranger?)
i think it's because it was made b4 he died or sumthing i dunno

and they hav to play grandsazer's ending while reading a sad thread dont they? T.T (im listening to some toku songs.. want any?)

Last edited:
"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Although Shurikanger does "Die" he dose somehow come back in Huricanger VS Gaoranger(I think, or was it Huricanger VS Abaranger?)

i think it's because it was made b4 he died or sumthing i dunno

and they hav to play grandsazer's ending while reading a sad thread dont they? T.T (im listening to some toku songs.. want any?)

Are you talking about Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger vs. Hurricanger?!?!

Because, I think that was made after Hurricanger's "Death" and it was also the closing of Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger and the continuation of Bauryuu Sentai Abaranger.

I really have a hard time believing that the vs. specials are meant to be taken as cannon, even though I really want them to be. There's inconsistencies usually that make it hard to fit them into continuity. For example, in OHranger vs. Kakuranger, the OHblockers are used against a monster who was sent by Bacchus Wrath. Bacchus was supposed to be dead by the time the OHblockers showed up.

As far as who's died...

Goranger - Daigoro Kumano (Kiranger II)
Battle Fever - Kensaku Shiraishi (Battle Cossack)
Bioman - Mika Koizumi (Yellow Four)
Jetman - Gai Yuuki (Black Condor)
Zyuranger - Burai (Dragon Ranger)
Gingaman - Bullblack
Timeranger - Naoto Takizawa (Time Fire)
Abaranger - Nakadai Mikoto (Abare Killer)

Others have died and come back, but I'm not listing them.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I really have a hard time believing that the vs. specials are meant to be taken as cannon, even though I really want them to be. There's inconsistencies usually that make it hard to fit them into continuity. For example, in Ohranger vs. Kakuranger, the Ohblockers are used against a monster who was sent by Bacchus Wrath. Bacchus was supposed to be dead by the time the Ohblockers showed up.

As far as who's died...

Goranger - Daigoro Kumano (Kiranger II)
Battle Fever - Kensaku Shiraishi (Battle Cossack)
Bioman - Mika Koizumi (Yellow Four)
Jetman - Gai Yuuki (Black Condor)
Zyuranger - Burai (Dragon Ranger)
Gingaman - Bullblack
Timeranger - Naoto Takizawa (Time Fire)
Abaranger - Nakadai Mikoto (Abare Killer)

Others have died and come back, but I'm not listing them.

Just recently in Gekiranger, Rio and Mele both died just after they joined the Gekirangers at SCRTC, during the second round in the final battle against Long in episode 48. Long transformed into his golden three headed dragon form and attacked Jan, Ran and Restu. Just then, Mele jumped in and was "Bitten" to death by Long. She later died in Rio's arms as he shed his final tear for her death. Soon afterwards, Rio gave Jan and Co., excluding Gou and Ken a piece of his Rinki and jumped into Long's mouth and performed a kamakazi attack. The last scene was him standing in the forest where he saw his family die in front of him as a child, but the dark clouds faded away and then he saw Mele waiting for him as they walked toward the gates of heaven holding hands.

Very sad, but that is just what everyone was expecting to see in the final episodes of Gekiranger.